The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Neat little video on BBC today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Hi all

One of the news feeds I read is BBC.com and today there was a "promo / clip" for some guy (Alex Stone) who has written a book called "Fooling Houdini"

I have no affiliation with the guy, the book or BBC - I just thought it was neat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18529372
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Looks very interesting, but I'm worried this could be big time exposure. I'm not sure what's in his book, or where the line is drawn between teaching and exposure, but the blurb beneath the vid said something about critics ... Anyone know more?
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
This book is being promoted quite a bit. The reviews was magicians have not been good.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
The reviews *from
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
Just read the scientific American blog on this book. Oh my! This will end in tears ...
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
Richard L.
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Richard L.
Here is Ricky Jay's review of the book:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424......news_wsj
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5966 Posts

Profile of motown
Give'm hell Ricky.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
If anyone knows Mr Jay perhaps he could be asked to put this review on Amazon in the UK and US?
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Mr. Jay is just a great writer. It's wonderful to have someone with the actual knowledge of magic history to write a review like this.
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Neat little video on BBC today (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL