The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Just watched good ol' Chuck Barris' film this weekend.
I always liked his character and I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was very well acted and the story is just so...well...(un)believable??

I think he wrote it from the same entertaining imagination he used for everything else...or did he?

Anyone have an opinion on the truthfulness of his autobiographic novel...I mean satiric documentory...I mean, well, you know...
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
I thought this was a great movie. It was even better than I thought it would be. I thought George Clooney did a fine job in his directoral debut and I'm glad to see Sam Rockwell find mainstream success.

As for the real Chuck Barris, It couldn't be true...could it? While watching the movie I found myself almost wanting to believe his story but reality started creeping in.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I liked it as well. George Clooney has definite talent as a director (working with people like Soderbourgh rubs off on you, I guess). As for the validity of his story, I remain 99% sure that he made it all up, but man, part of me wanted to believe it. I didn't even realize until recently that the script was written by Charlie Kaufmann (eccentric genius extrodinaire). Seeing as how this is the same guy who wrote a fictional film about himself with "Adaptation" it's pretty ironic.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Kaufman also wrote "Being John Malkovich".
I agree with you regarding his genius.
I have to remember to watch whatever he is involved in, regardless of anyone's opinion. He is fantastic, in my book!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL