The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dynamo wins £10000 predicting euro football results (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
623 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
Didn't an octopus predict the winners a few years ago?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Through a 50 - 50 choice yes, think this is a bit more impressive than that Smile
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Very impressiv
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17392 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I love it when the Mentalist did a similar stunt on his TV show ...
Excellent Job!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Very Cool!

Congrats Steven.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Watched this happen on monday morning, less than impressed :S

the people I watched it with (who are more important than me in terms of a generic opinion) thought it wasn't great,

I'm sure it will look great in his show but in terms of presentation it was pretty dull

Dynamo seems like a nice guy though, his show is put together really well, not often my cup of tea though
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Nice one Dynamo, he has brought a little coolness back into magic and mentalism.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Now I do like Dynamo, but his presentation skills in this item are a bit non-existent. He really did come across as someone who had just wondered into the studio by mistake. Badly explained and envelope fumbling followed by more explanation needed to explain what it was on the small ticket that we saw. Just not a great presentation at all on my book and certainly not TV grade stuff.

Conversely Derren Brown was on BBC TV tonight (The One Show) and pulled off a great drawing dupe and OOOOOZES charisma and easy presentation.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Conversely Derren Brown was on BBC TV tonight (The One Show) and pulled off a great drawing dupe and OOOOOZES charisma and easy presentation. Agree with that totally.
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
That is just Dynamo's style. The kids lap it up
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Agree with the Brown stuff, such a better performance!

comment about Dynamo bringing cool back, I don't see that so much - not seen much of a geekier performer, it's like he's surprised he can do it, then worried about what people will think
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
For UK viewers who want to see more of Dynamo, he has a new TV series starting 5th July on Channel 5. (This Thursday) (And most probably Youtube shortly after that. Smile)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 16:52, quicknotist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQym38KnP5w

Just goes to show that presentation (Even if it's a copy) works no matter what the actual trick is.

But very funny at the same time.
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
He has the whole "Blaine" thing going on there. I think he's cool though.

John.
BillyH
View Profile
New user
UK
62 Posts

Profile of BillyH
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 11:23, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
Didn't an octopus predict the winners a few years ago?

Yes he did, but he cheated - he used special ink Smile

I've always enjoyed watching Dynamo simply because he seems enthusiastic for his craft and comes across as a friendly sort of lad.

Personally though I would have predicted an England win - but I guess that's why I'm not on TV.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Derren Browns in a different league..never really got into the Dynamo thing. Way too much blatant 'staging' and obvious set up.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Great news - now maybe he can buy a bar of soap and a razor out of his winnings (not to mention, find himself a decent tailor). Smile
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It's all going to charity, which is nice, he does seem like a decent guy, the general public sure seem to like him!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dynamo wins £10000 predicting euro football results (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL