The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Berglas Chair test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
Hi all

I appreciate chair tests have been discussed at length elsewhere on this board. I love Luca Volpe's work which forms much of the basis for my own set, with much personalisation and drawing/building on some of the great ideas presented by Paul Stockman among others. I came across this unsurprisingly fantastic version presented by Berglas today and would very much like to get my nose into some material around his version so that I could continue to develop my hybrid and expand my thinking on this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCBdhuLG2sw

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
The General
bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
Ha ha I guess I was too quick in posting this. Having studied it now a few times, I now know the method. Sometimes enthusiasm really can help to create blinkers :0. Still a fantastic routine from one of the masters.

The General
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Ah yes?
So, I'm happy to annonce we got a winner here!
He has found how the Berglas's chair test works only in the process to watching the video footage few time!
AND THE WINNER IS; THE General! lol
NEXT ONE!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
"the General"

Do you plan on performing this? If so, I'd suggest looking into seeing if you can at least purchase the product off of/from Mr. Berglas, if that is your intention.

All the best,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Clearly the method is obvious because berglas tipped the method? If you watch carefully he begins moving in super speed - he can travel so fast he can travel through time but really he didn't need to - he just went fast enough to put on all the signs invisibly....

Exposure: he obviously was doused with random chemicals that were struck by a freak lightning bolt
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Derren, I'm dissapointed ;-) don't believe teenager!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 03:43, parmenion wrote:
Derren, I'm dissapointed ;-) don't believe teenager!

I'm on your side parmenion Smile things just keep on getting worse around here.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
bertietonks
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of bertietonks
Hi Darren

I don't intend performing the Berglas version but what I am interested in as always is exanding my personal knowledge of what others have come up with in order to identify any opportunities to challenge and further my own in some way.

Parmenian any prize for being a winner?! or should the prize be considered what comes as a result of a thirst for the craft and understanding/appreciating the great things that have come before us, as a result of those doing exactly the same. For some reason and I find it somewhat pathetic a simple posting to interact with fellow performers gets the kind of reaction, further supported by Darren "

"I'm on your side parmenion things just keep on getting worse around here." Just brilliant Smile

I read, I study, I watch, I listen, I learn, I create, I apply and on a constant basis. All that is wrong with our profession, and I work semi-professionally is opitimised in the above statement. Pure genuis ha ha, it must be fantastic to be able to place ones important so high at the expense of interupting a supposed community.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Where could one read about this please?
Yours,

Ivan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Berglas Chair test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL