The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cutting edge / sawing in half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Hi, give me your point of you about that :
Do you think that performing Dan summers Cutting edge (that I own) and a Woman sawing in Half horizontal in the same act is different enough? Of course with others effect between. Is the effect different enough ( because the both split in 2).
cheers
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Cutting edge is not a split in 2 but a split in 9 ;-) and it looks different enough so it is no problem performing these 2 illusion in the same show.
also with your presentation you can make both of these even more different from each other.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 07:04, tristanmagic wrote:
Cutting edge is not a split in 2 but a split in 9 ;-)

Oops, split in 8...split in 9 is the Slicer
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Hans Klok does multiple of the same matamorphasis effects in his show and it seems to work for him, so putting those two "cutting" effects together should not be a problem in my opinion.
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
Cutting edge and sawing in half could be OK because they are different enough;
But for me magicians think "magician" and not "lay audience".
For a lay audience, foul play, or hindou basket, or spiker are almost the same illusions... A woman is put in a box and stuff going through her. And a girl vanish and reappear in a box is the same effect, even if the illusion is different !
I saw so much illusionnists doing twice or more the same effect in their act !
It's very difficult to do an illusion show with different families of effects because almost all illusions nowadays turn around the same thing, and also the same principle (base).
The levitation, or an exchange like sub-trunk are good alternatives
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Thanks for your comments; I wi;ll think about that ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cutting edge / sawing in half (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL