The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Diary Trick - Your opinion?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2007-07-26 03:58, JustinCredible28 wrote:
I am going to be using the diary effect as well, from Cassidy's "The Principia Mentalia" ('The Telepathic Diary'). I even found the perfect diaries for this. One thing I wanted to know though before I start writing in these (as they were hard to find in the first place), is, do you all think it is better to write the cards names out e.g. 4 S, Q C, etc. (with letters), or would it be better to draw out the card symbols on the pages? Just curious to find out if it even makes a difference, or not Smile Thanks everyone!

--Justin--

The climax is very much dependent on your spectator calling out those cards on their date, the day before and the day after so I think you should cut out as little space for error as possible. In other words, it is most definitely worth the extra time and effort to write out "Four of Spades", "Queen of Diamonds" etc.

Keep in mind, few spectators have any experience with looking at cards as "4S" etc.

DT3
JustinCredible28
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
217 Posts

Profile of JustinCredible28
Thanks, DT3-- I think you're right about taking the time to write out the entire word-- which is why I was also leaning toward taking the time to draw out the card symbols as well. Do you think that has a risk to it? I'll probaly just write out the whole word though, as the drawings may not look exactly like the symbols and could cause mistakes. (Maybe just being picky here, haha)! Thanks again for the tip, man!

--Justin--
"a distorted reality is now a necessity to be free. . ." -- Elliott Smith

http://www.NWFortuneTeller.com
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
I don't think there's a risk to drawing out the cards, but I don't think it's needed. This may sound esoteric but by not drawing the cards it seems less like a card trick.

I envy your enjoyment in seeing how great it plays, and you will have a staple routine with you always that you can use one on one in a living room or restaraunt table, OR on stage in front of hundreds.

Have fun!

Don
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I concur with Don Theo in that drawing out the cards is not needed. In fact, I believe it will draw undue attention to what is really going on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Diary Trick - Your opinion?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL