The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » He lives! "Ted" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Talk about bizarre…. Yippee! Going to see the movie “Ted” today if you’ve heard of my roommate Burney Bear you’ll understand my excitement… if you don’t know Burney, maybe that’s best, you’ll think I’m really magic or really completely nuts. Did you know there’s Vegan deep-dish pizza, yep! That’s for Burney and me to celebrate after the movie and talk about it’s artistic merits.

http://www.tedisreal.com/

I’ll give a brief review (if anyone cares)
Magically, Bro. Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Okay, Ted is one of the funniest (albeit raunchy) movies I’ve seen in a long, long time.

Its fantasy is plausible, and yes, there is fodder for magical presentations to be imagined.

The bear is “well cast” and well acted, he fluctuates between cute as hell, just rude, and even earnest-- most of all he’s a hoot. Wahlberg is a worthy foil to his best bear friend.

I like a magical premise that can be accepted by adults (and don’t even think of taking a kid to this) because the magic is not cloying and has a theatrical logic (of sorts.)

Pixar works their magic, the actors believe, and so the roller-coaster ride is set, just go along for the whirlwind trip. It might seem weird talking about Ted on the Bizarre Forum, but the film is just that—Bizarre. Our magic need not only balance on the demonic or creepy, it can foray into the fantastic, and yes, funny.

Be sure to go to the bathroom before it starts, just a precaution so you don’t wet yourself.

Magically, Bro. Walt
by Walt Anthony

TH1
View Profile
Special user
Zombies beware! I have your heads on
587 Posts

Profile of TH1
Walt - thanks for the review. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie, and hope to make the time in the coming weeks.
Beware of evil spirits...and depleted batteries! Smile
TheHauntedOne.com
Assembly11.com
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
We don't get it in the UK until August 1st. Looks fun.

Here's a like to the official release dates around the globe: http://www.tedisreal.com/intl/releasedat......tes.html
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I just saw this tonight. As a fan of Family Guy, this was not a stretch for me to love this. One of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. Immature, un-PC, un-holy, unsophisticated and indefensible on any level...and simply a guilty pleasure you should not deny yourself. Give it up and have some crude fun. No disgusting stone is left un-turned, and everyone is sure to be offended at something. I call that a good time.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Bit off topic but Roger from American Dad is my favorite Seth character. Stewie a close second.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
Also off topic but Tim And Eric's Billion Dollar Movie is extremely bizarre comedy. Rent it at Redbox.
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Do you guys think people who don't like Family guy or his other shows would still like the movie Ted?

I am not a fan of his animated shows but Ithought it looked like a funny movie.

-Max
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Frankly I don’t like Family Guy, the baby and dog sort of, but I’ve never been able to sit through a whole episode.

That doesn’t mean you’ll like Ted. You have to like very irreverent fairly low humor (which I generally don’t) it was the addition of humanity (which I think Family Guy lacks) and the cute magic of a teddy wished to life that launched it over the top for me.

Walt
by Walt Anthony

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-07-07 22:54, Roth wrote:
Bit off topic but Roger from American Dad is my favorite Seth character. Stewie a close second.

I don't know if he does the voices of Phineas and/or Barnaby (the old-timey strongmen) but they're my favorite recurring characters.
(Which should surprise no-one who knows me.)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3429 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Loved the movie... am also a Family Guy fan... very similar comedy style as to be expected. TED may be a little softer than Family Guy but not much. I am sure they are already working on TED2.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2012-07-09 13:44, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Frankly I don’t like Family Guy, the baby and dog sort of, but I’ve never been able to sit through a whole episode.

That doesn’t mean you’ll like Ted. You have to like very irreverent fairly low humor (which I generally don’t) it was the addition of humanity (which I think Family Guy lacks) and the cute magic of a teddy wished to life that launched it over the top for me.

Walt

Walt is right on point. While I love Family Guy, Ted does offer a more complete movie experience. And the story of the bear is really quite endearing. At one point, I did feel my eyes welling up until I thought to myself, "No way will I, as a full-grown man, cry at Ted." So I managed to fight off my feminine side and laugh it off. Whew.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I have tried to watch family guy several times but it just does not work for me. To me it seems to use the shotgun approach to comedy, that is throw as much stuff as you can in the hopes that a few of them will really be funny. When I watched the show I saw several truly funny bits among lots of stuff that makes me wonder how it got past the editors or writers.

-Max
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I like the shotgun approach. I think it's because of what the doctor said about... I had something like A.D... um... ice cream truck!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I saw the trailer earlier this year and thought "Gah, another chick flick!" Then Ted ran into the bedroom to shelter from the thunder and I got it! My bears are waiting with baited paws to see it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This ain't no chick flick Jon. View with confidence that your uncouth and lowbrow manhood shall remain solidly intact.
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
Had to get out of the house so I went and saw Ted. It was a lot like Family Guy. Laughed out loud a few times, most of the jokes weren't funny and a handful of the jokes were so bad they were hard to recover from. It started to work as a movie in final act but it was too late for me. I say skip this one.
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Hmmm, I guess I will wait until this one hits cable TV.

-Max
ByronGrey
View Profile
New user
Wyoming
39 Posts

Profile of ByronGrey
I have a feeling this is going to be the #1 Movie Best Seller on iTunes when it comes out. It has guilty pleasure written all over it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5266 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Or a cult classic for midnight showings.
Either way, it's some unsophisticated, adolescent, juvenile fun that should be viewed without guilt or malice. Whether it will withstand the test of time is yet to be known.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » He lives! "Ted" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL