The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ever regretted helping someone in need? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
A few minutes ago I heard a cry for help coming from my neighbors back porch. I have a townouse so her unit adjoins mine. She locked herself out of her back door while having a smoke. our porches are on the second story. I climbed off my porch, shimmied up the drin pipe leading to her house, and carried he on my back down a vertical drainpipe 2 stories on with her on my back. When I got her to the ground I asked her how she was going to get in her house. She replied "the front door isn't locked". Apparently she didn't understand the concept of me just walking in her front door and opening her porch door to let her in.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Not yet.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I don't expect everyone to be a rocket scientist, but really? She seemed fairly smart (before tonight) Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 21:25, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
I don't expect everyone to be a rocket scientist, but really? She seemed fairly smart (before tonight) Smile

Not really that smart. She still smokes. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Wonderful story.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
You did that with your neck in the shape it is?

Good story.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 21:43, mastermindreader wrote:
You did that with your neck in the shape it is?

Good story.

My neck is okay. I was just concerned because I broke it in 2009 and it started cracking a few days ago. The doctor at the ER said my neck is fine despite the sound it makes.

It could have been worse tonight. My neighbor is kind cute and she was wearing a pair of short shorts. I wasn't really complaining all that much...lol.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Listen, Frank, this ain't like the real world.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Who's Frank, and why isn't this world real?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I must be missing something there. Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Should'a called a locksmith, watched him walk thru the front door and charge her $120. That would have wised her up fast.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Hehe... My first thought was to call the fire department, but it just seemed easier the way I did it and it only took about 5 minutes. Who knows, maybe I'll need a favor in return someday. She's not that big. She probably weighs 80 pounds soaking wet.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
When times get rough you'll find out who your real friends are.

Tommy
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I had almost the opposite event happen to me. The upstairs neighbor had locked her front door with her 2 year old kid inside. She was frantic. Her back door was open, she just couldn't get to it. I was in better shape then and could get up on her balcony from the railing of my own. Climbed up, went in her back door and got her front door open.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 23:05, tommy wrote:
When times get rough you'll find out who your real friends are.

I actually don't think of her as a friend. I bought this place 5 years ago and said hello to her maybe 2 or 3 times in passing.
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Quote:
On 2012-07-06 23:07, ed rhodes wrote:
I had almost the opposite event happen to me. The upstairs neighbor had locked her front door with her 2 year old kid inside. She was frantic. Her back door was open, she just couldn't get to it. I was in better shape then and could get up on her balcony from the railing of my own. Climbed up, went in her back door and got her front door open.

When a kid is involved, people freak out. If a kid was trapped on that porch instead of her, I probably would have had my behind on that porch in 30 seconds instead of a few minutes.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Never regret regardless of the outcome as long as you are being true to your nature it is all good.

The real question is: What was she smoking??
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
A few times, when I helped an emotionally-needy underdog who then became clingy.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
"Ever regretted helping someone in need?"

Only briefly the two times I got punched, but I got over it.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ever regretted helping someone in need? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL