The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Routine sets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
joe the magician
View Profile
New user
springhill florida
6 Posts

Profile of joe the magician
Scott if you will read my post again you will see that it is from my perspective don't take it personal its my perspective! It not aimed at enyone I do not claim to have the right way or the only way. It must work for you! Not all the people on this chat have the vast knowledge that you have. So maybe just maybe other magicians below you can draw from all the posts from all members new and old. I read the posts and take something away from all of them ether something I like or something I don't. Its like the magic book you buy and only like 1-2 tricks is not reading the whole book worthwhile?
just a thought seeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaa
joe the magician
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My technique dealing with how many minutes I'll be at a table depends on the patrons. I do several restaurants weekly.

On family hours a lot of kids be at the tables. That is when I spend a few minutes at each table doing short paced tricks for kids and making a balloon sculptures while I chat with the child/children.

When I've seen the same kid/kids a number of times, I put more of a conversation forward and give them a balloon sclupture.

On nights when adults are present, I do chat more time talking about other subjects while they wait for their meal. I try to be a known friend with them. When they come back, I will show few tricks because they are more interested with a nice conversation.

On an average mixed night, I do tricks similiar to Scott's tricks on his "Great Scott! It's Magic!" dvd. I perform with an average pace.

To me it all depends on the size, age and the amount of times I seen the patrons.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Hmmm I don't actually do table hopping yet, but I hope to in the near future! After look at all of your wonderful routines, I think mine might have too many effects, what do you think?

Routine 1

Sonic Squeeze
Coins Accross (Using a shell from bobos)
Sticky Coins
Red Hot Mamma
Jumping Gemini

Routine 2

Expansion of Texture
Hopping Halves
Whack Your Pack (AKA REFLEX)
TriFlection with card to wallet kicker

Do You think I should Eliminate one coin trick from each set? Thanks in advance!
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
joe the magician
View Profile
New user
springhill florida
6 Posts

I don't know all the effects listed but the gigs I do I only do for example but not limited to 1 card trick, small rope trick 1 coin trick, etc. And I try to not use a table if possible. I have been known to produce a dove from a newspaper on special request and approval from management.. example--planned birthday,friends of the owners, etc. Pretty much, I like variety.
Check out Bob Sheets' It's the Rules dice routine. I learned it from him personally and am forever thankful. It's the best routine as an icebreaker.
joe the magician
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
My best routine set usually goes like this:

*Approach the table doing card manipulations into a deck vanish
*B'Wave
*Ring on String Routine

This takes about 5 minutes to do and it a real knockout for an audience. If they ask for more and seem like they REALLY deserve it, I'll add one of these effects:

*Contimental
*Color monte
*Sacred Spiral (An effect of my own)
*The Curse of the Skull (An effect of my own)
*Test of the Magi (An effect of my own)
*T&R Bill
*More card manipulations, which work well to lead into the next table

These are mainly teen / adult effects, but ring on string, the manipulations, T&R bill, even Sacred spiral can be used to amaze kids. And I always carry some coins on me for coin manipulations. I hate to admit it but... I'm ADDICTED TO MANIPULATING! GAH!

There... I feel better now. Smile There's my thoughts.
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
joe the magician
View Profile
New user
springhill florida
6 Posts

Quote:
.. I'm ADDICTED TO MANIPULATING! GAH!

There... I feel better now. Smile There's my thoughts.

Me to I love diffucult moves the rollout,coin fans,muscle pass and I also pull card manipulations in close up sybill cuts,one handed shuffle, I even have those really cheap billard balls you can palm all the extra balls in the same hand! You can see threw the shell at the wrong lighting so I sprayed the inside flat black looks great.. I still use the pro ones but these pack very small and if theres alot of kids I can get my manipulation fix..

just a thought seeeeeyaaaaaaaaaa
joe the magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Routine sets (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL