The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernsein - "Unreal" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
By the way, I'd like to suggest that you buy Unreal directly from Bruce at the site mentioned above. The same pre-order discount applies. Here is what Bruce last wrote me:

"I should mention again, the book is not back from the printers as yet. It's expected quite soon, and I will have copies in hand within a day or so after they are delivered. But I don't want to promise a firm date until I have my hands on them.

I won't know shipping costs until I have the actual book in my hands for weight etc.

I would imagine (and hope!) they will be ready to go out before August 1st at the latest."

Another new product, Taboo is also advertised on Bruce's website. I can't even tell you what it is as I have no idea! He does write: "The concepts explained in this book will show you ways to reveal audience members' deepest, darkest secrets, in an amazingly entertaining manner.

Here's what I wrote in the introduction - TABOO is a unique melding of concepts I’ve been working on for nearly a decade and is perhaps the most advanced routine of Psychic Entertainment I’ve ever created."

The rest of the description on Bruce's website is also extremely intriguing; Taboo has to be personalized to the individual performer. It is due out at the end of the month and pricing isn't finalized. To say I'm curious is an understatement.

Bruce's site is lean and mean. Besides the above, his Linking Pins, an effect called Will Power from 2009 and his Psi-Decks make up the rest of the available products.

Will Power has excellent reviews and I don't understand how I never heard of it before now. The effect is described in detail so I won't go into it here.

I purchased two of Bruce's Psi-Decks several years ago and have always loved this ultra clean routine. I'm not alone; read the reviews and, as with Will Power, you'll see the difference between hype and lavish praise.

I'm only serendipitously aware of all this information due to the timing of my writing Bruce for help with something I'm working on! I don't know Bruce that well, though he has always been generous with his knowledge and was kind enough to contribute to Companionage. His guidance on my new project, an area of his established expertise, has been very helpful.

We've corresponded more in the last few of days than we have in all the years I've casually known Bruce. It was when he was telling me about the website for his other passion that I asked him if he had a mentalism website and discovered everything I've shared above.

By the way, Bruce's other passion is boomerangs! I've known mentalists with a lot of unique interests but this is a first.

Bruce makes his own custom boomerangs that you have to see to believe. Who knew! Here is the website:
http://www.RangsByBruce.com
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2012-07-15 22:03, Bill Cushman wrote:
Check out Bruce's site for the table of contents. Even if you have all of Bruce's work, between ten new essays and updates on his classics, Unreal looks, well, unreal!

By the way, this isn't just a reprint of the old books. Effects are grouped together by types which should also enhance the learning curve and value of the material.

http://www.BruceMBernstein.com

Thanks Bill.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I actually contacted Bruce last night and received a reply right away. Bruce was very kind and we ended up getting things all sorted out. I'm looking forward to Bruce's latest release and can't thank him enough for his kind emails. I will also be ordering from him directly in the future and look forward to anything he puts out.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This is a "must have"!
:)
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3752 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
That's one of the things I REALLY like about the Café. I wasn't at all familiar with Bruce's work until now. What a great find! My bank account will drain...a little. And my act will be much better for the things he has to share with me. The Psi-deck looks remarkable too.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1024 Posts

Profile of kannon
*** IT!

Another on the list!
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Has the book been released by the publisher ? I am still waiting for my order. Thanks.
Northern California
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9572 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I agree with much of what has been said. Bruce to me is like Ted K. - some great thinking for true pros without loud hype or overhype.
All of Bruce's materials are brilliant, and well worth the investment. Again, like Ted, this is stuff that those in the PEA have known for years. I did a version of Eat At Joe's a few months back that the client is still talking about. Congratulations Bruce.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 19:38, hbwolkov wrote:
Has the book been released by the publisher ? I am still waiting for my order. Thanks.

According to the Squash website, the book ships mid-August. I know I can't wait to get it.
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of 13
Really looking forward to this !
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
Me too!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 13:26, David Thiel wrote:
That's one of the things I REALLY like about the Café. I wasn't at all familiar with Bruce's work until now. What a great find! My bank account will drain...a little. And my act will be much better for the things he has to share with me. The Psi-deck looks remarkable too.

David

Couldn't agree more with David's comments
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Go back to Bruce's website!

http://www.BruceMBernstein.com

He has updated the product descriptions and I'm even more intrigued. And blown away.

Unreal includes additional information on the project as a whole. You'll have an even better idea why this is far more than just a reprint of previously published material. And of course there are the 10 new essays which I'm looking forward to reading as much as anything else.

I don't want to deprive you by describing the additional information about Taboo that Bruce is now sharing. Have the pleasure of reading it in full yourself at his site. There is still a lot of mystery in terms of what it is all about but what Bruce does expand on is fascinating.
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Has this begun to ship out yet?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I haven't received an email from Bruce yet regarding certain details so my guess is no.

All the best,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Looks like this may ship by the end of the month if all works out. I have a very good feeling it will be worth the wait, no matter how long.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1777 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have several of his publications and they are all excellent.There is one effect in there that is a perfect anytime, anyplace effect that simply leaves them speechless & that is all I am saying about that.
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Quote:
On 2012-08-14 14:56, Darren James wrote:
... I have a very good feeling it will be worth the wait, no matter how long.

Darren

Definitely agree.
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Any news regarding a release date ???
Northern California
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I wrote Squash Publishing last night. When I hear something, I'll post it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernsein - "Unreal" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL