The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernsein - "Unreal" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 00:57, gypsyfish wrote:
I wrote Squash Publishing last night. When I hear something, I'll post it.

Good luck getting a reply from them. Maybe they'll catch word and reply but I have found their customer service to be terrible. I was told by the end of August so a week or so yet.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Bruce sent me that:
There was a problem with the cover for UNREAL and my publisher insisted the printer correct the problem, which involved having a new die made.
Obviously, this has delayed the shipping dates for the books.

I've been told there's a firm shipping date and that the books should be ready for shipping around the end of August. Although I can't promise it as yet, I have confidence this info will prove correct.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 07:30, Darren James wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-24 00:57, gypsyfish wrote:
I wrote Squash Publishing last night. When I hear something, I'll post it.

Good luck getting a reply from them. Maybe they'll catch word and reply but I have found their customer service to be terrible. I was told by the end of August so a week or so yet.

Darren

Three days later and I've quit holding my breath.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Just a heads up to those that have not heard, this is shipping monday.

Can't wait,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Yes, great news! Bruce's writings are among those I was directed to when I first became serious about mentalism and remain favorites.

As soon as folks have Unreal and Taboo in hand we'll need to start another thread for Taboo. The description of the performance is a mind boggling idea thematically let alone how it can possibly be accomplished in the manner described given the plot. Knowing Bruce, I suspect the answers to be sublime.

I love the following quotes:

Michael Weber - "I believe two things about Taboo to be true: 1) Bruce has crafted a routine which is both practical and powerful, and 2) 99.9% of the mentalists I have seen don't have the balls to present it the way it deserves to be performed."

Jon Stetson - "Taboo is Too Good. It's Bruce's greatest creation to date! At $100.00, this masterpiece is way underpriced. For me, it is worth thousands - I wish I could keep this one for myself. Thank goodness Bruce uses his power for good!
PS. For anyone wondering the difference between Mentalism and Mental Magic, buy Taboo and find out.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I got an email this ayem that mine has shipped. I live in Korea, so I hope I see it by mid-September.
timlic
View Profile
Regular user
Birmingham
119 Posts

Profile of timlic
Had an email from Squash Publishing saying it's been shipped. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
gfajuri
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of gfajuri
Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for what is, even in my own estimation, "terrible customer service." Squash Publishing is a one-man operation, as are all magic publishing business, and in this case, as I am that one man, I want to personally apologize for not getting back to those customers who tried to contact me regarding the release of the new Bernstein book. Contact information on our website is available, but apparently not all emails are getting through to us - had emails been received, they would have been answered within 24 hours, as is our general policy. Again, please accept my apologies for the oversight. In the future, feel free to call us. The phone number is posted on our website.

Thanks, too, for all of your support and the many orders for Bruce's book. I spent Saturday and Sunday of last weekend packing up orders; everything was shipped on Monday and books should begin arriving on doorsteps post-haste, if they have not done so already. Both Bruce and I are proud of how the book turned out, both in content and form. There were several delays from the printer that held us up, but the wait was worth it. We think those that purchase a copy will agree wholeheartedly.

Thanks again for your support.

Best Regards,

Gabe Fajuri
Squash Publishing
http://www.squashpublishing.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Thanks for letting us know Gabe, I'm sure you were swamped with orderes from this book and being only one man, I could see how time consuming this would be.

All the best,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I'd be interested in seeing a review from anyone who purchased this.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Jheff has a review at his Marketplace of the Mind site. You can read the details there, but this is how he ended his review...

"I don't often say that something is a must-have, but if anything released this year deserves that
label, this is it."
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
Bruce is a true renaissance man; what is not widely known about him is that he is also an accomplished composer and musician.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I received this a couple days ago and am working my way through it. My thoughts so far. An amazing book. Really high quality thinking and work. I've already tried out a couple of effects from the book with great responses. This book could sell for twice the price and be a bargain. I still have 2/3 of the book to go but would have been happy with what I have read in just the first 1/3. Get this.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Funny, In his book, Bruce talk about people call him to know how an effect works to do it the next day during a gigs.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-09-01 17:13, parmenion wrote:
Funny, In his book, Bruce talk about people call him to know how an effect works to do it the next day during a gigs.

Its been awhile---thank you! I was starting to feel ignored Smile
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1747 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bruce has always been a great thinker, and is also one heck of a nice guy!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Purchased from a brick-and-mortar store yesterday. It wasn't a hard decision. I can do today for less than $1 a drawing duplication I once saw a master perform on TV. I can read minds with no need of written info from participants. That's because I already read how to do those effects from Bernstein's spiral bound books. Those are just the first TWO effects in the new hardback.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18311 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Can't wait for mine... pre-ordered from alakazam the other week...
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Have now finished this book. Really amazing stuff and is a must read for any mentalist.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Mike and I were just talking about this book. Like him, I have just purchased a copy myself. Although I am just now ordering this, this has been on a must-buy list. Without question, Bruce is one of the finest creators of modern times. This is the definition of no-brainer.

Bruce, if your lurking about, I just wanted to say a hearty "thank you" for putting so much work into one book. I can't wait to read what you've got in store for us.

Best Regards,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernsein - "Unreal" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL