The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne's illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
Recently I came across Andre Mayne's drilling thru' hand illusion with an electric drill on his webside. Is it angle-proof or do we need a special stand for the drill to rest on? And what about his new booklet called MAYHEM.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
His new booklet doesn't come out for a while I thought. and to answer your question without revealing anything, all of Mayne's stuff requires you to check your angles.

I have bisection, the drill through hand, and the levitation booklets and they are good stuff, but angle sensitive, I like his ideas, though I don't think I would actually do any of them, except for probably bisection once I get the time to build the thing.
Troll
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Troll
I have built bisection and it is incredibly effective if performed on the right audience. Angles have to be pretty much straight on for this one, though.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
His illusions are cheap and effecive I think. If you are broke and you want some decent illusions, I would say go for his stuff.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Gracy_hm
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
195 Posts

Profile of Gracy_hm
Yes Armbuster is "Angle proof " and VERY effective.

And MAHEM is now out and I will tell you its a killer I will post a review in the booklets section of this site "The Good, the Bad, the Garbage"
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Hello Kher
You need no special stand for the drill. This illusion is very cool. And it is also angle proof; that's important. Also the other things from Mayne are very cool and clever.

Markus
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Has any one built or performed his Face Lifter? Im curious of how it played out and all.

Robert Long
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

There is a video of Face Lifter on magicvideodepot.com
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
376 Posts

Profile of oagwood
I built the face lifter and have performed it several times for some good sized audiences, 200-300 people, the reaction was great.
The hardest part of the illusion is sitting down and building it. I think it looks great and bang for the buck you can't go wrong.

oliver
KHER
View Profile
New user
Kher Cheng Guan
48 Posts

Profile of KHER
I can't find Andrew's ARMBUSTER (drill thru hand) on his website WEIRDTHING. Where can I find it and how much does it cost?
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
How do you join magicvideodepot to view the Mayne vids? Eveytime I sign up it won't let me log in. I own Bisection but want to see face lifter performed before I decide on buying.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Go to reigster now under the login box. Go down and fill out the information.
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
It wont let me register either, it say's " error bad information" when I try to do the confirmation login.
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
Yzetadrummer - I had the same problem, just keep trying. Sometimes the email takes a while to get through and you have to keep registering with different user names. Just keep trying it'll work trust me, it just takes some patience.

Good luck, lol

Mike
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
Arm buster is really cool and cheap.
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Andrews stuff needs the mind of the performer to add a whole lot more to what Andrew himself presents.

Just to let you know.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Okay folks Andrew Mayne's stuff can work for some and simply put just won't work for other's (open your minds).

Bisection, done by itself, boring.
Bisection after you pass 2 ropes thru you midsection ala grandmother's necklace on a stage can be ultra effective!

Drill thru the arm, better than the two other slightly more expensive models on the market. I'm now trying to figure out a way to do the 'flaming Drill Bit Thru Arm' minus candle's. hehehe Smile

Honestly I only liked 2 levitations from 'Touching Sky'

Shock FX magic for mutants is the second video I ever bought and hands down the best effect is...
Pencil Thru Cheek I also liked biting the head off a rubber chicken. In my show's I associate it with Ozzy Osbourne's bitting the head off a bat, ok I'm sick. Smile

All in all Andrew's stuff require's a certain performer's adaptabilitiy and creativity in their perfoming enviroment as it is with so many other contributer's material to our art.

It's all in how you use it.

JOHNNY MYSTIC

Smile
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Paul Mazzoni
View Profile
New user
Chicago
13 Posts

Profile of Paul Mazzoni
I have his Illusionbook and I think it is wonderful. There are a few illusions in there that I am really considering building. I also have his pocket sawing in half but haven't got a chance to build it. It looks good in the pictures. Has anyone made one and if so how did it turn out?

Magicaly,
Paul Mazzoni
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
I just performed bisection in the JB bobo IBM ring fundraiser show. It played off great! Everyone in the audience went wild and was left wondering. My brother was camera man with our camera and was tied to a wall with the camera power cord. The secret was detected on video but that was because of extreme angling of him. Next show I will use a hula hoop method to be sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne's illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL