The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne's illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Andrew Mayne is awesome! anyone ever seen him perform or met him? Just wondering. also, I have built 5 things out of illusion book Mayhem book rocks.

And shock FX great Pocket sawing stinks Bisection stinks and same with face lifter. The reason for this being I believe the goal for an illusionist to be really effective, the props must be made not expensively, but well.

I think that if you are not willing to build something well, you should not be performing it. Just like a close-up performer must not perform unless his moves are perfect.

An illusionist must not risk exposing secrets to save a few bucks. That is my feeling on illusions, take it or leave it but I truly believe if you don't want to make the investment in a good prop leave the illusions alone.
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Facelifter is easy to build(two hours) and a great throw away quickie. Umbrella's thru head is a very cheap alternaive to any head penetration, two seconds to build.

Perhaps his best item is paperclip through arm. I keep a fresh gaffed packet with me at all times. I am a 58 year old performer and this guy thinks my way. But his stuff is heavily "adults only".

I also carry his razor blade swallowing, the simplest easiest safest solution to a classic effect. The bigger stuff is fun to play with but too bulky to travel with. Ihope he addresses more pocket tricks like paperclip and razor blade.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Andrew's Stuff is without a doubt off the wall and very creative. I currently perform Bi-section, Face Lifter, Arm Buster, Geek, and more. All from his books, plans and videos. His new book, Body Morphin, looks hot. http://www.weirdthings.com

keep up the good work Andrew. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew Mayne's illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL