The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STEALTH - A New Marked Deck by Andrew Murray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Hi Folks

Just wanted to give you a heads up that STEALTH is being launched today.

Stealth is a D.I.Y. marked deck (for Bicycle Rider Back Cards). I have used this marking system for the past 7 years and it's something I apply to all of my decks so that I have the ability to utilize the principles of a marked deck in my professional work whenever I want to - all without ever having to switch decks.

The marking system is permanent, takes 10 minutes or less to apply, is invisible to anyone not familiar with the 'system' and is easy to read (unless you have bad eyesight - it unfortunately won't cure that!)

STEALTH is available as an e-book which is 25 pages long, fully illustrated with colour photos and comes with 6 routines. The price is £15.99.

CLICK HERE FOR STEALTH Delivery is within 24 hours (though usually within the hour!)

Those of you who are familiar with my work via my other e-books and products know that I only ever release material that I use. STEALTH is with me everywhere I go...

Thanks for reading

AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DON'T WAIT FOR INSPIRATION is my brand new e-book with 10 new routines.

APTITUDE is my first PLATINUM e-book with 10 new routines + 'SIGNS' bonus.

PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP is available here.

DNA
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Iam looking forward to reviews!
It sounds very interesting. Can this concept also be applied to other backs?
Is some memorization work required to identify the markings or are you able to directly identify them?

kind regards
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
What is the difference with the classical j***e deck?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I like marked decks and also use them for 'regular' tricks. ALways great to have some sort of 'out' when something goes wrong and a marked deck makes this easy.
My question is: what sets this above other do it yourself marked decks? As you might know there are a lot of books and DVD's that teach you to make a marked deck with Bicycle cards - I use a cheap and probably well known method (it's explained in one of the Scamschool episodes on youtube too ...) and no one ever noticed.

Please don't get me wrong, another easy to read marking system is always welcome, I just find it hard to spend 16 GBP on it if I have one that's actually for free and works great. I also own Boris Wild's and The Ultimate Marked deck (actually two of both).
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 08:03, ArtIn wrote:
Iam looking forward to reviews!
It sounds very interesting. Can this concept also be applied to other backs?
Is some memorization work required to identify the markings or are you able to directly identify them?

kind regards

ArtIn

The markings are specific to the Bicycle Rider design at the moment.
A little memorization work is required but nothing that couldn't be learned in just a few minutes (I'd say 5 minutes max unless someone has a REALLY bad memory). It's also an intuitive marking system so once you understand the logic of the marks it's very hard to go wrong.

In the e-book I do stress that a little practice goes a long way. As I mark all of my decks with STEALTH, I get to use it almost every day so I don't even have to think about what mark equates to what value and suit etc.

Cheers
AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 08:09, doriancaudal wrote:
What is the difference with the classical j***e deck?

Hi Dorian

This is not j***e. As you are aware there are many different ways of marking cards J***e being just one way. This is a b***k **t system (and a very good even I say so myself!)

Best
AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-11 08:31, Killertweety wrote:
I like marked decks and also use them for 'regular' tricks. ALways great to have some sort of 'out' when something goes wrong and a marked deck makes this easy.
My question is: what sets this above other do it yourself marked decks? As you might know there are a lot of books and DVD's that teach you to make a marked deck with Bicycle cards - I use a cheap and probably well known method (it's explained in one of the Scamschool episodes on youtube too ...) and no one ever noticed.

Please don't get me wrong, another easy to read marking system is always welcome, I just find it hard to spend 16 GBP on it if I have one that's actually for free and works great. I also own Boris Wild's and The Ultimate Marked deck (actually two of both).

Hi - thanks for your question. This marking system is something that I have used in my own personal work for years so I have a particular affinity for it. I think if you use a system already that you are comfortable with then by all means stick with it. What I like about STEALTH is that the value and suit 'marks' are close to each other so you only have to look in one place on the card to determine the value. Also, the marks can be read from a spread of cards (i.e. you do not have to see the entire back of the card as might be the case if you were to mark the petals of the flowers that appear on the top left and right of a bicycle rider back).
I have put a photo of a marked Three of Diamonds on my website (you can see the link to my website in my signature). I think the marks are well disguised to the uninitiated. Of course, far bolder marks would probably fly past a lay audience and I'm not suggesting any professional gambler or hustler would find STEALTH practical, but I have endeavored to make the marks as subtle as possible nonetheless.
I think with most of these things, its "horses for courses". It won't suit everybody but isn't that the case with all magic?

You mentioned that you have a couple of BW Marked decks and Ultimate Marked decks. I have these too. However, I found myself only using them when a particular effect relied on the marked deck principles/methodology. They are relatively expensive and the thought of allowing spectators to shuffle them, inevitably 'dog-earring' the corners or putting them down on a wet table, made their daily use impractical (and extremely expensive). That is the reason I developed a DIY system that's cheap to implement and takes just a few minutes to replace.

Is this system better than all the others? Impossible to answer. First I don't know of every other system out there and second I would be expressing my opinion which may differ from yours.

For £16 I do believe that I am offering a quality product plus 6 good routines. I hope that if you decide to purchase STEALTH that you'll agree.

Cheers

AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Thank you for your answer, much appreciated Smile
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
First couple of reviews in:

Hi Andrew
I received well everything and I started to read a little bit the description : this is a very clever way ( and I'm sure it will be useful too ) to mark cards as secretly as possible !
So thank you for everything Andrew and now it's time to work !
- Hervé Ollier
--------------

Very Nice Andrew! Your finest work yet sir. My mind is buzzing with ideas. Beautifully presented e-book too - so clear and simple. I'm happy!
-ANDREW HAWKES
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I received it today, already marked two decks and I was easily able to read everything from the start.
very intuitive. The best: I will never need to buy a marked deck again!
I not had the chance to try out the supplied routines but what I've read so far is well constructed and worth a second look.

£15.99 compared to the fact that you will never have to buy a expensive marked deck again. you may consider this.

I will be using this for sure.

Thanks for the fast delivery of the script.

all the best,
Martin
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Martin, can you (or anybody else maybe?) make a comparison to Pete McCabe's system, which is wonderful as well....?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-22 15:29, ArtIn wrote:
I received it today, already marked two decks and I was easily able to read everything from the start.
very intuitive. The best: I will never need to buy a marked deck again!
I not had the chance to try out the supplied routines but what I've read so far is well constructed and worth a second look.

£15.99 compared to the fact that you will never have to buy a expensive marked deck again. you may consider this.

I will be using this for sure.

Thanks for the fast delivery of the script.

all the best,
Martin

Thanks Martin for your feedback. I am so pleased you like STEALTH and more importantly will be using it.
My goal is always to put material out there that IS useable.
I typically mark up a half dozen decks at a time (you can do this really quickly once you get started) so I'm good to 'go' for a long time.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Quote:
On 2012-07-22 16:56, Nicolino wrote:
Martin, can you (or anybody else maybe?) make a comparison to Pete McCabe's system, which is wonderful as well....?

Without giving too much away, Pete uses an easy reader system with roots in Al Baker's and Ted Lesley's approaches. Martin's takes a blockout approach using a variation on the dial system. Both have the advantage of being readable in a spread.

Craig
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Hey andrew where is a video for pickpocket? Thanks!
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-30 23:19, John C wrote:

Hey John

The PICKPOCKET video is now back up on the site(linked below) - thanks for the heads up - I had inadvertantly disabled the embedding function.

Cheers

AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2012-07-30 23:19, John C wrote:

Hey John

The PICKPOCKET video is now back up on the site(linked below) - thanks for the heads up - I had inadvertantly disabled the embedding function.

Cheers

AM
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
374 Posts

Profile of hornet
Is this system equally useable for left handers?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Little off topic but where I could found more info on this "dial system" Around 6-7 years ago I developed card marking system for bicycle cards that was based on dials we are very familiar with. I shared it free here in Café to around 20-30 members. I has been also published in few european magizines and I have always thought of sending it to Joshua Jay for magic but I havent found any sources if it is already invented.

Juha-Matti
murrari
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of murrari
Quote:
On 2013-02-18 15:01, hornet wrote:
Is this system equally useable for left handers?

Yes it is.
Andrew Murray
M.I.M.C. Gold Star
AndrewMurrayMagic

DNA
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
Is this related to the Touson Stealth Deck?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » STEALTH - A New Marked Deck by Andrew Murray (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL