The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cigarette Gags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hacketr2
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Hi Guys,

I am looking to source "rubber cigarettes" for a cigarette gag. The gag is essentially a cigarette with a “hump” or bent curve in the centre. You take it out of the pack and say “Oh this must be a Camel”. Hilarious I know! Anyways would anyone know where I might find rubber cigarette or would anyone have some suggestions as to how I would go about making this gimmick?

The other cigarette gag I am trying to source is that whereby the magician take out a cigarette proceed to light it (or pretends to) and with one inhale or drag of the cigarette the entire cigarette appears to be gone. I imagine the gimmick would be something like a sliding filter (similar to cigarette up the nose). Suggestion are welcome and appreciated.

Also if you guys know of or are currently using any other cigarette gags out there please share and discuss with the magic community.

Thanks,

Robert
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't know what country you are from, but here in the U.S. cigarettes are not permitted around other people. Only standing out in the middle of an empty field. LOL

The up the nose item is available on the market, at least 2 version. I believe Tom Mullica also has it on his extensive DVD set on cigarette magic.

If you wet a cigarette at the point you want to bend it, you can bend it without breaking. Then it dry. Now you have a bent cigarette. There is many ways to make a fake cigarette, white rubber tubes, drinking straws, etc. Just start looking around and be aware.

I like the one where you remove a cigarette from a pack, and a small chain falls out of the end of the cigarette, Chain Smoker!

There use to be a act available with this kind of stuff. Do you smoking bands, they have disappeared.

A great trick is the dollar bill in cigarette.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Thanks very much Bill for your insights! Great gag with the chain smoker bit (never heard of that one before). I have Tom's DVDs and they are excellent alright. I will play around with the bent cigarette. I am putting together a cigarette routine because no one out there is really doing it! The cigarettes don't need to be lit throughout the routine (although I am planing to light the cigarette mid routine for about 30 - 60 seconds, do a small bit of manipulation and then vanish the cigarette. Thanks again for your comments.

Any one else have any more gags or effects/bits of business to share?

Thanks,

Robert
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
Tarbell has a method for blowing smoke in one sleeve and it comes out the other. This was in my act for a long time, but I cut it for costume reasons and also I noticed that unless the background is dark and solid, people often can't even see the smoke come out of the sleeve. Not good for outdoors or standing in front of a white wall, in other words.

I like throwing the cigarette on the ground, stomping on it, the bringing my foot up and taking the lit cigarette off of the bottom of the shoe and continuing smoking. Of course, I fake all of that. Cardini did something similar with a fan of cards. Not sure if the gag is older than that.

I also do a through the legs type gag. It appears that it goes in one knee and out the other. I think Thurston did this with a fan of cards, as well. Also, there is some very good match stuff. Watch Cardini for that. A lit match appears in the right hand, while the left hand mimes striking a match on your shoe. This followed up with blowing on the left hand, and the match in the right hand extinguishes.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
In my lectures I have a cigarette that jumps out of the package INTO YOUR MOUTH.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Anyone know where to source fake rubber cigarettes? They can be used for a visual production when you do a 360 turn the cigarette appears in your mouth?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21978 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I Googled and did not find any such thing as a rubber or flexible cigarette. If you cannot find any flexible tubing, then you have to use the another method.

Nothing comes to mind as white flexible tubing.

The turn around is usually done with a real lit cigarette. Takes a lot of practice.

Do you have Keith Clark's Encyclopedia of Cigarette Magic book? It is good source for material, but it the real deal.

I would wager before you have a chance to grab you cigarette pull, the audience will be yelling at you how horrible the cigarette stinks. I think something like this would be a career end-er for sure.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6680 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Where it is legal, cigarette magic can be adapted to joints. All the classic stuff. Plus, you roll your OWN! Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Cigarette Gags (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL