The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I Am Looking For A Review For: Nephelim - Alexander Kölle (DVD + Gimmick) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ARB
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ARB
Good afternoon everyone, hope everyone is well.. ok I have had this product and I have never posted a review so I thought "well I have to start sometime" I hope you find it helpful and if not no problem Smile

Alexander Kölle’s Nephilim

The DVD is well constructed, had to watch it more than once because of the comical value it adds lol sorry if that wasn’t meant to be like that but before the DVD started I was laughing watch Alex telling you to select things. “my tip don’t select right away it is priceless”
Alex goes through each routine very well and talks you through every step of the way.

NOW the wallet, well hats off to you Alex on the product and the effects it gives. On opening the box the fresh smell of leather hits you (if you are like me, love it) the quality is just beautiful in every sense with soft smooth leather and finished with a very nice pin stripe interior. The wallet has many effects which can be handled smoothly as one routine or a combination.

Handling of the gimmick and the presentation, it was a little tricky (for me) but after a few hours I had the basics down and after a few days I had nailed it (I am a little slow Smile) the reset time again comes down to practice I have it down to about 3- 4 seconds but it was taking me about 10 - 15 seconds to start with (told you I was slow ;P).

All I can say is “it is one of the cleanest card to wallet I have ever had the pleasure on handling” and the bonus is that you can give them the wallet for close examination before revealing the selected card, pending on the setup you can even let them open the wallet. ( I have done this live and it blows there mind).
For me I have the wallet on me at all times and I can jump right in with an impromptu effect and I love the fact that I can still do an effect even in a t-shirt and jeans this is great for me for my style or even my hoodie. What I mean by that is I have bought other high end products and I have been restricted on what I can wear (suit jacket, trousers not jeans blah blah)

Negative I really haven’t got one it does what it says on the tin, the only thing I could be negative about is 1/ just a little bit more detail on certain parts of the DVD could have been added but that’s not a negative that’s more a suggestion/personal observation. 2/ I don’t have a hat to take off to you Alex lol

All in all I was just like everyone saying Sh*t it cannot be that clean after watching the trailer but after buying it and watching the DVD it soon turned into the normal (Sh*t your F@*k kidding me, statement)

9/10 why only 9, no reason really I guess because of the missing parts on the DVD that I would have liked to have been in there.
Thank you for reading my first review and I hope to make a few more in the future.

Note to Creator
Once again you bring to the world of magic and illusion a great product and I wish you look with it and I thank you for a well thought out product Smile I am sure we will be seeing more from you.
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Thanks a lot ARB and welcome at the café. I am really glad you like it and I wish you a lot of wonderful moments with your new best friend.

All the best

Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
,:/
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Holy crap that looks impossible.
ARB
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ARB
Lmao @ Bill, that's what I said but after getting it and playing with it lmao it's possible.
and the quality is just 100% the other good point is the spector can infact handle her o.O its mad!!

yes it's a she lol anything that feels this soft has got 2 be a she Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Really is the best card to wallet I have ever seen.
ARB
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ARB
Quote:
On 2012-07-27 13:11, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Really is the best card to wallet I have ever seen.

Second that.
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Alex when will these cheeky little monkeys be coming back in stock?
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
They are finally back in Stock. So each order should be send 2 days after the order goes in.

Wish you all the best

Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Very clever method.

Another stunner from Alex Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
WeiserSide1
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
512 Posts

Profile of WeiserSide1
Hey Guys...just to let you all know..Nephilim wallets are back in stock!..get the best card to wallet that everyone is raving about!..purchase at http://www.balconyproductions.com
Here is a video clip of Alex fooling John Archer (the man that fooled Penn and Teller) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ltCzJ2aSc
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
This looks excellent. - Nice
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Anyone care to review this as I see Christopher Williams has ordered this on an earlier post and said he would review it when he receives it...but have noticed he had one to sell on magic week site and not reviewed it...put me off a tad...so would appreciate any other opinions before I plunge and buy...many thanks.Gerry
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I have Nephelim and I love it. I will write more in a day or so. I think this is brilliant. Alexander gives you a totally choreographed routine to do the cleanest hands off card to wallet ever.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Thanks for that,James..already lots of good things said on this thread,just the cost making me hesitant...as a newbie to wallets is this a sensible buy for a magic nut eager to own a spiced up wallet?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4450 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ok I said I would review this and I will...so here goes...

The DVD is great, explains everything that is needed to know, Alex is a great teacher and goes through everything. Whether you choose to palm, no palm or even use the little pocket on the front to make the folded up card appear. There are not all these fancy cuts you get from other companies, just a straigh explanation that teaches everything you need to know.

The routine itself looks spectacular, I have had a lot of emails and PMs asking if the card control is really as clean as it looks, to answer it for everyone, yes! It works out as it shows, however, there is an extra gimmick for that, the wallet itself has nothing to do with making the card vanish from the deck and appear in the wallet. This gimmick is included where as a lot of other companies might have charged extra, the great thing about this is that it comes with everything needed to do straight out the box.

The wallet, well, the quality is exceptional! It is a stunning wallet, made of very high quality soft leather. Finally it has a coin pouch which most CTW don't have, and 2 sections for notes which are large enough to take UK currency which was perfect, there is a lot of room in these wallets. There is also a secret compartment that can be used for Heirloom/KK and other billet work that is very well disguised and I only found it after watching the DVD, very clever indeed! There are loads of credit card slots and pockets in behind the slots for whatever you need to put in there, either secretly or just to store, and a secret compartment for a jumbo coin. The wallet truly is a work of art and is exceptional!

So, why did I sell mine? I have used the JOL billfold wallet for about 5 years now as my everyday wallet and performing wallet. For those that know, it does not use a slide like most CTW use, the card just goes straight in. I use this all the time, if ever I do an effect, this wallet will probably be part of it. The stitching finally started to come off after 2 years on this wallet, I have my previous JOL wallet for 3 years before I got a new one as it was so battered. So being a typical Magician, I wanted something new, I wanted to see if there was another wallet that could beat what I have been using, this seemed to match what I was after.

When the wallet came, I looked it over, then watched the DVD. All seemed great...then it hit me...it uses a slide! I know everyone will say there is nothing wrong with them, but I have used the JOL for so long I can load a card in about a second as I pull the wallet out. I spent a couple days trying this slide and I just can't use it, I can do it, but it took me 3-4 seconds to feel the slide, then line it up to the ledge that is cleverly built into the slide so you can line the card up perfectly, then load the card. I know practice makes perfect, but in the end I just thought to myself, I love the JOL too much, and so sold this so I could get another JOL billfold and have money left over.

Also, although there are a lot of slots for credit cards etc, I have a lot of cards, which fit my JOL fine...but when I put everything in this wallet for what I need as an everyday wallet, it was just a bit too bulky for my liking as it is slightly bigger than the JOL wallet anyway, it is square instead of rectangular.

The wallet itself is great, I understand me selling it so quickly will put people off, but I don't want it to. Different things work for different people, and I wasn't just going to let this go in my Magic drawer, so I sold it to someone else and then reinvested. If you want a high quality CTW, that I really would admit is probably the second best CTW I have ever seen or played with (only to the JOL wallet), and I have had, seen or played with almost every CTW out there, then get this wallet. If you don't like slides then its not for you, but if you don't mind them or your current wallet has a slide already, then I would probably say this would far eclipse what ever you are using now.

Thanks

Chris
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ARB
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of ARB
Quote:
On 2012-08-17 03:54, geggy wrote:
Thanks for that,James..already lots of good things said on this thread,just the cost making me hesitant...as a newbie to wallets is this a sensible buy for a magic nut eager to own a spiced up wallet?

yes, you will need the practice but that's regarding anything, it is one of the cleanest card to wallet on the market the quality is 100%.
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Thanks ARB ....this and Get Sharky.....my wallet is trembling....!!!
geggy
View Profile
Loyal user
Brighton UK
236 Posts

Profile of geggy
Great review Chris.........much appreciated.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Can anyone give me an idea of how this compares to the Mesika wallet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I Am Looking For A Review For: Nephelim - Alexander Kölle (DVD + Gimmick) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL