The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » A carnival is in town... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
So, a carnival just pulled in to town. It was a very pleasant surprise, because I had no idea they were coming.

I want to get the word out about some of the sideshow stuff we're doing here, and maybe pitch the idea for a combined effort at some point. Do you think it would be presumptuous to just go down there and ask for management? Should I just pass out business cards? I've never really been in on the carny side of things, and I would not want to be too much of a bother.

Thank ya' for any insight you can offer.
Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
What show is it ?
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

I got a look at their trucks while I was down there. "Inland Empire Shows" mostly. Also a "Royal West Amusements" truck.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Used to Play with Royal West and Inland Empire You must be in the Intermountain Area I take it? Mac used to run the day to day operations before it was sold a few years ago, I don't know who is running things now. I would just stroll on up, present yourself and ask what it would take for space.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Right here in Butte, Montana.

If I can get some time away from busking the festival tomorrow, I'll run down and ask around at the managers office. Thanks!
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
What do you want the Carnival to Do?, Pay you? or are you looking to buy space?...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I think he wants to promote his local show, whilst simultaneously working a busk on the midway. Not a bad idea... if I were you, I'd find the current sideshow tent at the fair and inquire within. If there IS no sideshow tent, find a fair that DOES have one. You'll have much more success that way.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Nipps has it about right. I figured that if I could pitch a tent somewhere near their entrance and do some fire eating whilst busking it would be mutually beneficial, drawing people into the carnival and building me publicity (and cash.) They do not have a sideshow, currently, but the guy I talked to said they had worked with some in the past; he seemed interested, at least.

Next time they're in town I think I have a decent shot (and if they are interested enough to want to join forces somewhere else down the line... eh, why not?)

And Curator... if it were just that easy, yes, I would love for them to pay me!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » A carnival is in town... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL