The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Hey guys.

Some of you know what's going on with my wife, others don't.
I'm a private person, and I don't talk about my private life much, but here's the gist;

My wife is under 40 and has kindey failure, diabetes... let's just say if there's a medical bad luck card, she drew it. Signed to wallet, even.

She was admitted (again) to the hospital yesterday for blackouts/low blood pressure during her dialysis treatment(s). Not the first time she's blacked out, it's happened several times here at home. I was an EMT/Paramedic, so I'm used to dealing with things.

Got a call from the hospital this morning, she coded after an MRI. For those not up with medical parlance or House/ER fans, that's where you stop breathing and they have to revive you with a tube down your throat and start your heart again with the paddles.

Things are... iffy and I'm asking for any prayers, positive thoughts, energy... whatever you may or may not believe in, if you have 5 seconds today to send some good thoughts her way, it would mean alot. Her name is Kimberly Davis.

Feeling kind of... helpless at the moment and that doesn't sit well with me. After 10 years married... don't know what I'd do if the Man Upstairs decides to call her number.

I hope not, I want her to see Vegas with me next month and meet Jeff and crew. She's never been, and with her health... carpe diem, you know?

Posted this here rather than elsewhere on the site because I think of us buskers as a brotherhood and a family of sorts here, so if you could throw some good vibes our way, I'd be grateful.

I'll keep you posted.

~Christophe'
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I may only be 24, I but I know all too well how you are feeling. I wish you, your wife and your friends and family the best. I won't cliché you with an "if you need anything" line. But the Café is more than a bunch of nerds talking magic. We can be that that shoulder, support group, or scape goat, when you are in your darkest hour. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep us updated with as much as you feel comfortable saying.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
You called, you got it! Hope and pray it is all OK. I know some real spiritual types, not buskers but good folks. Let me know if you would like me to spread the word.

Danny
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
920 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Ekuth,

I am aware, I read it here somewhere. Offering good Karma and a silent wish to powers that be that things get better.Best wishes, STAY STRONG.

Shaun
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Andy thanks that means a lot.

Danny please do.

Sean thanks a lot man doing my best.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Ekuth, My thoughts are with you.
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
Hang in there bro! Wishing your wife a speedy recovery!
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
As you well know, I knew of the issues in the past. I have not been through what you and your family are going through, but I can certainly understand because I have seen it happen to friends. I send all the best to you, your wife and your kids - my thoughts are with you. Stay positive and think good thoughts!
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
My prayers are with you and your family. Kimberly has my thoughts and good will. God bless you.
sideshowsam
View Profile
New user
I see you staring at my
86 Posts

Profile of sideshowsam
Prayers are with you brother...may God lay his healing on her

./sd
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Here's praying for you, man. Hang in there.

Even though I know you're probably swamped with people offering their sympathetic ears... well, PM if you want to talk to someone who has been through something similar, okay?
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
You don't have to ask, you have my prayers already. Send me her name and her mother's first name and I will ask that the whole congregation to say a prayer of healing

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I hope the prayers and collective energy of many who care will produce and help with her recovery. I can only imagine how difficult this must be.
Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Sending out my best wishes and positive thoughts for you both.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
@Paddy: Kimberly Davis and Marcia, respectively. Thanks, brother.

"When one or more come together in His name..."

Thank you, one and all. I'm off back to the hospital, I'll update once there's anything of substance to relate.

~Christophe'
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Coming your way sir...
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
The both of you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I've always had you and Kim in my thoughts and prayers since I found out Brother.
Please let her read some of these thoughts when she is able to, so that she may
know that complete strangers are praying for her as she courageously fights for her life!

I got nothing but love for you Christophe'! You always have a room in my home.
You've got the number Brother. Stay strong for the girls.

Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks hermano; I know you're out there but I really haven't much time to do anything other than shuttle back and forth between the hospital... and staying up late; far too late in an empty house...

Update, such as it is:

Still on the ventilator. Hasn't come around yet. Fluid from the pleural membrane is slowing, however. They'll be doing a CT scan in a bit to see if the lung is improving.

I just really wish she would come around... I want more than anything to hear her voice.

And thanks, guys... it helps to know I've got friends out there.

-Christophe'
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Best wishes to you and Kimberly.

-Mary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL