The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
ChrisPilsworth
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisPilsworth
Ekuth,

You're a good man. I hope your wife's continues to progress. Take care of yourself.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Still praying for you all....as are many.

Danny
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Update soon. Short story is, she's improving.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
PRAYER works!!!!!!!!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Great to hear!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1419 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
That's wonderful news Chris. Prayer does work. So does advocating for your loved one as you did. Still praying Kim continues to improve.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Ladies, Gentlemen;

I realize that it has been some time since my last update, but until now there has been little to report on that hasn't already been covered. Also, Brother Devious has needed your thoughts and attention far more than I.

Until now, at any rate.

I will spare you the details, but here is the situation in a nutshell:

Kim is home, but under hospice care.

For those of you unfamiliar, hospice care is provided to a terminally ill patient when all other lifesaving attempts have failed and/or the family/individual decides enough is enough.

Sadly, just as Kim was being weaned successfully from the vent, she coded again yesterday. With her wishes that we had discussed far in advance of this, and everything she has been through, there is basically no hope of improvement of any sort and there IS no quality of life left.

She's been living trapped in her body for the past several months, and we can't put her through any more.

So, with agreement from her mother, we have moved to hospice care.

She is home, resting comfortably (morphine) and laying next to me as I type this. She is off the vent and breathing on her own with oxygen assistance. As hopeful as that may sound, time right now is ticking away, as there will be no more measures taken or dialysis.

Her lab results were very much out of whack, her potassium level at 7. Basically, I was forced between 4-5 hours of very agressive life-saving techniques at the ER (even the doctor admitted that at this point it would be tatamount to torture) or saying enough.

So, unfortunately, it is only a matter of time before one or the other finishes the job.

We (the family) are now sitting what used to be more commonly referred to as a Death Watch. It's not the first time I've done this, but it's still... incredibly difficult and painful. I'm now going on 36 hours without sleep and on the edge of collapse. Her mom is here, as is a hospice nurse, so I can rest- but I wanted to let you know our status and to take this opportunity to thank the community as a whole for your support, prayers and well-wishes.

I know there are those who will wish to help in some way, if you do, I am opening my paypal account for any donations. These will be applied toward the inevitable funeral expenses, medical bills and what Christmas cheer we can generate for the kids. It's going to be a bleak holiday in more ways than one, my friends. My paypal is chris-davis@q.com.

But primarily, again, I wanted to express our thanks to the community. I know you've been pulling for us, and it breaks my heart to have to deliver this news.

Please take the time to cherish and tell your loved what they mean to you this Holiday season, no matter what your beliefs. You may not get another chance.

I will be incommunicado likely for the next week or so, but I will post an update when the inevitable happens. Please continue to send positive energy, prayers and good thoughts our way.

~Chris
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
My beloved wife, Kimberly Diane Davis, passed into the arms of the Father this morning at 1:56 AM Arizona time.
I was with her, beside her, as is proper. There was no pain and she passed peacefully, with my hand upon her.

She passed as she lived; loved and in the home she loved with those she loved and whom loved her.

Thank you all for your well wishes throughout this travail.

~Christopher Davis
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this most difficult time.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Chris.
I passed my thoughts to yourself and family on another forum,but I feel they should be expressed here too.
I'm so sad to read this.You're in my thoughts mate.
Cheers,Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1162 Posts

Profile of imgic
Chris. My family's prayers are with you and yours.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Chris, may the Father of peace bring peace to you and to all the earth
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
You know how to get a hold of me should you need to Chris - you and the kids, as well as Kim, will be in my prayers. I wish you the best at this point because we were all pulling for her for so long and it almost feels like the loss of another family member. Thanks for everything you have shared with us and that you have allowed us to share with you. Be well brother, take care of yourself and the kids, enjoy the magic of the holidays as best you can and all will heal with time.

@Kim, wherever she is: Requiescat in pacem.

@Chris and the kids: Pax vobiscum.
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
God bless you and all you love.

Danny
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Peace Love and Light Chris
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Chris
It is sad to hear this news - my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Bob Latta
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Blessings to you and yours. Peace.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Christopher, our families deepest sympathies to you and your precious family.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Chris I am so sorry for you and your familys loss.
may the lord be with you and comfort you and your family.
todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL