The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Update:

Much improved. Vent got removed today and they've turned off the sedation.

She came around some more and was mouthing words and answering blink questions.
Still fading in and out from the sedation, but that's to be expected. They have her on a positive pressure mask to help her overnight, hopefully that'll come off tomorrow.

Not much else to report, thank you all for the support; with so many people pulling for her she didn't really have much choice, did she? LOL.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
That's great news, sir! Getting off ventilation is a /huge/ milestone!
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Very happy to hear Kimberly is recovering; prayers and positive energy continue! Prayers of THANKS added!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Christophe, I am very glad for you, your wife and your family to hear this, the most wonderful (and wondrous!) of news! You are all still in my thoughts and prayers and just remember that magic is as powerful as any prayer or thought, so keep the magic alive!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I have more news, but I need to see her again today before I decide to cover it or not; I'm still reeling a bit from last night.

Long story short, there might be some neurological damage. But it could also be the remains of the sedative in her system as well, so I'm trying REALLY hard to not let fear speak for me... but last night was... bad.

Ever seen the movie "The Notebook"?

Yeah, that one. Pray hard guys.

Likely I'm just letting stress overload and fear get the better of me and chasing my tail, but I won't know. She's on dialysis again today, so hopefully that will pull more of the sedative out of her and she'll snap back.

Just... send some thoughts my way as well, would ya? This is getting rough. I couldn't even bring myself to busk after I saw her.

Thanks, guys. Bless you, one and all.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Awww man,
Sorry to hear that you are discouraged. I don't think I could've
brought myself to busk either buddy. Hang in there and stay strong
for Kim Brother.

We are all here pulling for your family!
Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm sorry to hear this news. The Lord put you heavy on my heart when I read this. My name's Ted.

Praying for you both right now in the name of Jesus.

Matthew 8:16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:

“He took up our infirmities
and bore our diseases.”

No matter how this works out- there is hope in the King of kings. If you call on Him He can give you peace.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

God bless you with mercy-

For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Romans 10:13
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks, Dev. I would have rung you but it was WAY early A.M.
Went over to her mom's to talk/have a drink. It was that or a bar, and I chose the former. Glad I did. Drink was better anyway, and the company definately better.

Preston: Thank you, Brother. The reminders help.

Okay, so...

Update:

Things MUCH better today.

Dialysis flushed more of the phentanol (sp?) out of her system. She's off the pressure mask, even off a canula. SP02 90% + even with it off.
Small air leak at bottom of lung, removed one of the three chest tubes to see if that will seal it.
Fluid drain was less than 50cc's overnight, and that was from pleural cavity. No fluid in lung.
Now on soft diet, eating well.

Brought family pics and our wedding pics; synapse stimulation... I'll use every weapon in my arsenal.

Recognized me, her mom, the two kids. Signals still scrambled here and there, drifting in and out, but from healthy sleep.
Involuntary hand movements and restlessness. Again, likely cause is remaining sedative in the tissues. Next dialysis on Tuesday.
Better every day.

Was prepared for worst case scenario going in, glad the Lord's chosen to spare me that particular scenario. At least we're not looking at re-learning the last 10 years wholesale. Can't completely rule out neuro damage until her system is flushed, but signs are very positive today.

Which is good, because I can't take another night like last night. I'm a *** steady guy under fire, but that was a rough one. Guess we all have our breaking points and I danced on mine.

So exhausted. Think I'll crash early tonight.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Chris, we'll be offering prayers again tomorrow at services. May GOD's love for you sooth your anguish and bring Kimberly back home to you.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
That's great news. Yes, we all have our breaking points and you're going through a lot.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Remember to give yourself breaks too. You will feel you cannot but it is important.

Love and prayers for you both,

Danny
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you've been through with Kimberly's illness. Your continued strength amazes me. I do hope the news stays on the good side. Take care of yourself during this.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Glad to hear things continue to improve. Still sending positive energy your way! Please rest and take care of yourself too!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm looking forward to a very positive update today from Ekuth....
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I just got caught up on the thread, I have been MIA the past few days, a lot going on. As I was reading this, I felt the roller coaster, of better, to worse, to better again. (seems like magic routine). Anyway, you are still in my thoughts, and I wish the bother of you the best. I am looking forward to some more good news.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Smile
ScottieKrause
View Profile
New user
Houston
51 Posts

Profile of ScottieKrause
I hope she has continued to improve and I hope you are fairing well as well. I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and send as much positive Karma as I can your way!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Update (small):

Speech is clearly enunciated but thought process/sentence structure is swiss cheese brain. Dialysis tomorrow, so hopefully more sedative getting drawn from her system will help.

SP02 level is good (90% +)
BP fairly steady. Respiration rate steady.
Eating well.

Cognitive functions... spotty. Partial alphabet yesterday, full today. Numbers 1-10 yesterday, 1-7 today.
I've alternately been Thomas (my son's name and her fathers), daddy, something I can't even attempt to pronounce and a doctor.
She did remember my first name today, but not that we're married. Fear seems to be gone though.

Doesn't reliably recognize the kids, who have been in to see her ('Mommy's brain is like a bowl of skittles now, guys... all the colors are mixed up). She smiles at them, but then she also smiles at the ceiling and talks to... who knows what.

As said, dialysis tomorrow will draw off more of the sedation meds and I'll be able to better judge then. Trying to get the telemetry data from the time period when she coded is like drawing teeth on a shark, but I was a pro-paper pusher for years, so I'm not leaving until I get that.

But cognatively, I'd say we're about at a 6 to 8 year old level at the moment.

But, as I've said, too early to tell until system is flushed, so I'm still holding fast, having hope and trying like hell to not freak out. Forcing myself to practice at least an hour every night to keep my skills sharp; Vegas and the Mystery School is less than a month away and I will be broiled in butter and called a flounder before I'm letting that go. She wouldn't want me to anyway, and if she's able, regardless of her mental state- she's coming with.

The Enemy can throw all the roadblocks he wants, I DON'T GIVE UP AND I DON'T GIVE IN.

"I get knocked down... but I get up again... you're never gonna keep me down!"... yeah, Chumbawumba keeps my spirits up.

That, and all the well wishes, prayers and support from the best group of magicians on the planet.

Hopefully, I'll have better news to relate tomorrow.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Hang in there, man. And yes, do make sure to take some time for yourself. Don't just keep your skills sharp but keep yourself healthy, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Prayer/Positive Thought Request... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL