The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Impeccable Double (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Reading in another post about urban legends, I was reminded of "The Impeccable Double" in Cliff Green's "Professional Card Magic".

In doing a search, I haven't found any threads on the effect here at the MC.

Anyone?
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
This is just another DL. Have you got Wilsons Double Take? Enough there to keep you going.
La magie, c'est ma vie
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Ahhhhhhhhh! It's Wilson's Double Take I would be looking for. Yes, thanks Eddy.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
The Impeccable Double is NOT a double lift. Rather it's a technique, developed by Howie Schwarzman, that allows you to toss a double, perfectly squared, off the deck and onto the table. On a smooth surface (like a bar, for instance) the cards can slide in perfect alignment for some distance.

The move can be found explained, with photographs, in the premium members section of Jonracherbaumer.com (an excellent value, btw) as well in the aforementioned Green book. It is not, to the best of my recollection, on the Wilson video.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
I read this in Green's Professional Card Magic and loved it, but never really got the hang of it. I need more practice, I tell ya!
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
The Schwartzman technique has been around forever. I remember doing it for the guys with a "Gotcha" - would toss the double, and about two feet down the counter the double would split, looking like I goofed. I would ask the spectator/magician to give me the cards, and when he picked them up he would discover that they were BOTH DOUBLES! Looked great, but of course, it was strictly for magicians...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
I've seen Andrew Wimhurst pull this move off a few weeks ago at a magic Club meeting in Canberra.

I asked him for some tips on doing a DL and then he went ballistic showing several methods and ending with the Impeccable Double.

He makes it look sooo easy. He hasn't used or practiced the move for ages but he nailed all but 2 or 3 attempts of the dozen or so he did...and the ones he missed were only slightly misaligned.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I'm trying to get Andrew Wimhurst to come over to my house.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
It is also in Vol. 2 of the Ibidem book.

Trini
Trini Montes
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
Try Raphael Benatars Slippery Drop or Paul Wilsons either twists of fate or knock em dead talks about it.
La magie, c'est ma vie
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Hmmmm, I need to learn this move
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Impeccable Double (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL