We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bigger Wands (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7456 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 14:16, Donald Dunphy wrote:
If you had built it out of wood framework, with cloth panels fastened on, and it doesn't break down, then you didn't really build the Creative Magic version of Arabian Tent.

And if you made the framework from PVC tubing, then you are a fan of magicnook. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I guess you can argue about what level of "customisation" these guys offered. For the WORKING ENTERTAINER they provided quality props which worked and earned real green.

Let's not forget that simple fact.

Bigger Wands were a very, very good investment for me and others I know.

The cost of my "portion" of CM is probably far less than the profits I've turned through using their products.

Nothing is for sale - yet.

Doug
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

BTW, I just had a lovely new bag made to hold my BW's fully assembled. If you ever are lucky enough to own a set, it's the best way to keep them fresh.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 14:40, Potty the Pirate wrote:
BTW, I just had a lovely new bag made to hold my BW's fully assembled. If you ever are lucky enough to own a set, it's the best way to keep them fresh.

I thought the broke down for ease of transport. Are your fully assembled ones difficult to transport?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
I use my creative products at all the shows
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
Plus I will be selling some extra items all unused soon. Just waiting to hit the magic 50
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 13:55, Rodney Palmer wrote:
Kevin,

Can we see some PHOTO's of the ones you made? I sure would like to see those Candy Cane ones. ????????????????????

RP

I would bet everyone seems to be making me out to be some kinda crook since I made something that is so cheap to make form a company that was charging a fortune for it and keep in mind I bought the original and THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!!

They DO NOT own the rights to every old effect that have been around 100 years if you make the same old effect yourself out of the same material they did. I disagree.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Kevinr,

I do not think that you are some kind of crook. I just want to see your work and see how they turned out. However, I am now becoming suspicious that you did not make any of the props you listed above because you have avoided my question to send me a photo. I did not ask you to post a photo but send some to me via email.

It sounds like you know what you are doing and I just wanted to see the fruits of your hard labor.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
PM your email/
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
All I can say is about the original thrust of the post. I had Bigger Wands and it sat in my storage area for over a year before I used them. I WAS AN IDIOT!!!!

This is a great prop to add to a ROUTINE!!!

I am so happy with my Bigger Wands. Do I use them in every show. No, because I need a way to hide them.

But when I do big stage shows or use my backdrop they are part of my show.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-10-11 14:45, curtgunz wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-10-11 14:40, Potty the Pirate wrote:

I thought the broke down for ease of transport. Are your fully assembled ones difficult to transport?

Just noticed this question. The problem with breaking them down every show is not only extra time - but the fabric covers wear very quickly - especially the elasticated "cuffs" on the white tips. Fully assembled, I believe the largest of the set is 7' long. So the bag is slightly longer than this. It easily fits into my Volvo estate.

Not only does the bag keep them in good condition, but it also means they're "hidden" at all times. I only have to rip open the velcro closure about 18" and make sure all the wands are easily accessible before I start the show.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2417 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Isn't creative out of business and didn't they sell off all their product at reduced prices, if so then making a similar product would not be an issue.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7456 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Dave -

See the other thread I linked to, back on page one.

- Donald
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
How much would an original set of these with the bag be worth on the used market...mine are in excellent condition.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
There is really no exact price. It all depends on the seller.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I'm just asking for a ballpark price,,,I don't want to overprice them but I don't want to leave money on the table.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7456 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Mike (shomemagic) -

Because I'm a portion holder, I've been watching other people buy and sell their Creative Magic products. One item that is selling for more than retail is "Bigger Wands", because it is in great demand. People who are selling complete, new sets from their portions are typically getting anywhere from $250-$300 for them.

Sometimes they will bundle "Bigger Wands" and "Biggest Wand" (or just the inflatable for "Biggest Wand"), to get a little more.

See this thread, as well as keep your eyes on the buy and sell areas of the Café and other places ("SME" on Facebook, "Trade, Sell or Buy Your Creative Magic Products" group on Facebook, etc.), and you'll see that I'm correct.

- Donald
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
If anyone want to sell-I want them also-I will pay 300 for them
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4621 Posts

The portion holders only got two sets of these - so I think they will remain rare as hen's teeth. Although they received more of the "Biggest Wand" (which is the really important one!)

Wizzo the Wizard recommended these to me, years before I actually invested in them. Of course, they were an immediate success, and brought the house down!

If anyone owns them, I highly recommend having a seamstress make up a bag to carry the wands ready-to-go.

Breaking them down after every show quickly starts to make them look shabby....whereas, if they are kept in a sturdy (canvas?) bag, and don't need to be taken apart (mine are now hot-glued together), they will last many, many times longer. Mind you, you need to make sure your vehicle can carry them assembled....

The simplest prop, yet at the same time, the most hilarious, great for photographs, and absolutely will stay in the memory of a child, for the rest of his life.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1238 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I have these, and also the extra big inflatable one. The problem is that for most of my gigs, I don't have a good place to hide them during the show. I don't use a backdrop, and even if I did, the backdrop wouldn't hide the biggest one, and often the kids will go around the back anyway. Maybe you guys tend to have better venues - I used to have better venues and gigs when I lived in Columbus - it's weird how stuff changes from city to city.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Bigger Wands (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL