The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Converting a Crystal Casket into a Smoke Chamber (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rcarmichael
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
30 Posts

Profile of rcarmichael
Hello all,
I recently purchased a Crystal Casket.
This unit uses a hard floor, rather than s******.
Do you think it will be possible to turn this into a Smoke Chamber, or will the "panels" get in the way of the smoke stream?
If it IS feasable, where would be the best inlet for the smoke, ie middle, lower, upper, front, back sides?
Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan Anand Carmichael
http://www.RyanCarmichael.com/
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Consider the Perspex being double walled, so you can fill the smoke only inbetween the two sheets. Think of the milk pitcher principle.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22174 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You have to realize that smoke will kill anything in the box. Humans and animals cannot breath smoke. Just thought I would let you know.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1392 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
The bottom "panel" hard floor will move your smoke around and awful lot..

Breathing stage fog won't kill you..but it won't do you any good.. especially in the long run. Glycol's are supposed to be safe, according to SAG and EQUITY stage rules.. but I'm not sure I'd want to breath it concentrated in a box. It will also fog contact lenses in a surprisingly short amount of time.

I think a crystal casket conversion might not be the best idea.. too small a space .
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Hector
Hi rcarmichael,

Here you have my version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1Hd882uAI

I don't use s****** either so I don't have to breath the smoke. I have been performing it twice a day for long contracts and I don't have any problems. In fact I am "inside the smoke" just for 3 or 4 seconds, so I can hold my breath easily.
Please, feel free to PM if you have any doubts.

All the best!
rcarmichael
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
30 Posts

Profile of rcarmichael
@makeupguy: That is what I was worried about - the smoke moving around too much because of the panel, I was hoping that with enough smoke, and the smoke pipe in a "good" location that the panels wouldn't interfere too much.
@Hector: Thanks - I will PM you to clarify a few things. Nice performance btw.
Thanks everyone for your replies - I am also a lighting technician, so I am breathing in haze fluid every day - a little more is not going to do too much more damage =P But yes, I will hold my breath. Of course, as makeupguy mentioned, it is not smoke per say, as it is evaporated Glycol's.
Btw, @scottds80, interesting concept...
Sincere regards,
Ryan Carmichael
Ryan Anand Carmichael
http://www.RyanCarmichael.com/
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Great presentation love it
Quote:
On 2012-07-16 19:33, Hector wrote:
Hi rcarmichael,

Here you have my version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK1Hd882uAI

I don't use s****** either so I don't have to breath the smoke. I have been performing it twice a day for long contracts and I don't have any problems. In fact I am "inside the smoke" just for 3 or 4 seconds, so I can hold my breath easily.
Please, feel free to PM if you have any doubts.

All the best!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Converting a Crystal Casket into a Smoke Chamber (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL