The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I posted this in the Latest and Greatest section, but thought it should be posted here as well:

If you use the UK version of TAC and think that offering an ordinary looking wordsearch puzzle book is a great way to have your volunteers choose their words, I strongly encourage you to pick this up at lulu.com ( http://tinyurl.com/c4xq9rh ). The book was created by Andy Fisher. Check out his thread in Inner Thoughts for the full story behind its creation: http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......rum=82&2

With a little thought on your part, you should be able to adapt it for use in other places as well.

Great job, Andy!

Regards, Steve
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Thanks Steve - it was a pleasure working on the project and I have already enjoyed some really strong reactions from using the wordsearch book. I now have £10 from sales ready to give to the charity we decide upon Smile
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
I'm sure I've seen a youtube clip of this but for the life of me cant find it now.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi storm01,

You're correct. Here's the link to the youtube clip: http://youtu.be/w4xaFFf9lH0

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I received a PM that the link may not work for everyone, so here's an alternative link just in case: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4xaFFf9lH0&feature=youtu.be

Regards, Steve
storm01
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of storm01
Thanks Steve

I received TAC within 24hrs of the order. Great service thanks again

Kev
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Just ordered the Wordsearch book, looking forward to it!

I like TAC a lot
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Kev,

I'll be looking forward to hearing about some of your experiences performing TAC Smile

Hi Adam,

Thanks. I think you'll really appreciate the "authenticity" of the book when you look at it. Andy even included "the winner" of the previous contest at the front of the book! I hope you'll give us your thoughts when it arrives...

Regards, Steve
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Definitely Steve, I have a pile of the Words (David Stone) wordsearch books so I will be able to get TAC in somewhere else!

It's on my list to review but the reason I haven't is that I feel like it's very much still alive and it's growing, I have recently taken the real thing approach into it as well and am joining that book up into routines
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I am a newbie and trying to learn. Would this effect be appropriate for a (semi-serious) beginner? I am more of a hobbyist that performs for my students, and I am really blown away by what I read about the TAC.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 09:16, greerj wrote:
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I am a newbie and trying to learn. Would this effect be appropriate for a (semi-serious) beginner? I am more of a hobbyist that performs for my students, and I am really blown away by what I read about the TAC.

Everything you need to perform is included method wise and I think it is all solid, if you put the effort in to it, this could be something that you could develop along with you

the experience needed would probably be in confidence and conviction, if you are sure about yourself when presenting this I don't think there would be anything method-wise that would put you off

the method is clean and fun, I don't think it's the kind of method that people get put off by, it's a real working method
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
I second Adam's comments.

The TAC has something for everyone....from novice to working pro.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
My problem is that I am lost in all the updates, new methods, etc.

Is the original way of doing this still the best method? For english speakers that is.

J
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 10:47, John C wrote:

Is the original way of doing this still the best method? For english speakers that is.

J

I always use the original method and shift to plan B if I need to. This is how I preform it unless I am doing a show, then I preform one of my stage presentations. I keep the cards in my wallet.

Best
Ray
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On 2013-06-08 10:47, John C wrote:

J

John,

There is a lot of great material in the supplements and I think it is worth taking the time to wade through.

As far as which method is the best, I prefer the "Gender Friendly" approach as it is more broadly applicable and works well in any English speaking region and, judging from the contributions to the supplements, most others prefer this approach as well.

Best,

Atlas
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Okay, great. I'll look at the gender friendly and the original.

Thanks,

J
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi greerj,

I will echo the sentiments of Olympic Adam and mrmysticmike. You shouldn't have any problem learning the method. Once you have that down, go out and try it on some friends or family members for a bit of "real world" practice and confidence building and you'll be set to amaze your students Smile

Hi John C,

The method is the same for all the versions (i.e., U.S., UK, Canada, and gender-friendly). Once you're comfortable with any one of those versions, all the variations and handlings in the supplements are much easier to follow and work through. You might (as a number of others have) even develop your own variation to suit your particular style and show.

I use the "gender-friendly" version most of the time because of the ease of including females as well as male participants.

Drop me a PM or email me if you have any questions... and that goes for anyone Smile

Regards, Steve
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Steve,

My wife (Anita) bought this for me yesterday and I have to say, I was blown away. After reading the pdf several times I tried it out on my teen children and they were blown away. The effect was great, and thinking through all the possibilities has made me work on presentation and patter already. This is the first effect I have bought, and I'm glad it is my first because it's great.

Many thanks,

John
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi John,

What a very nice thing to say... thank you Smile. It's my honor that you chose TAC as your first effect in what I hope will be a long and exciting journey in mentalism for you.

Regards, Steve
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I announced this in the Latest and Greatest section, but thought I'd repeat it here as well. I've finally completed a "gender-friendly" (and U.S.) version of a word search puzzle book for TAC. It's called, "Word Search Detective." Ask your volunteers to turn to any page and select any of the clue words to begin your gender-friendly TAC presentation.

If you would like to perform the U.S. version instead, I've added a backstory on the back cover (and inside first page). It explains that once all the hidden words are found in a puzzle, you can rearrange the unused letters to form a special "secret word" related to the puzzle and that the solutions to the previous issue's secret words are located on the last page of the current edition. Just have your volunteers turn to the last page and have them choose any of the sixty "secret words" (all from the U.S. list) and begin the U.S. version of TAC.

Note, the instructions for "Thought Association Card" are NOT included in the word search puzzle book.

If you would like to offer your volunteers a "realistic" prop from which they can choose their words, this is, I believe, an excellent way to do that. Here's the link on lulu.com: http://www.lulu.com/shop/stephen-yachani......D4F44580

I'd like to give Andy Fisher a big "thank you" for his encouragement and support for this project and a special "thank you" to Atlas Brookings for providing many additional words for the gender-friendly list.

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL