The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Bifurcati
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Bifurcati
A very belated response to say a huge thank you to Steve for chatting behind the scenes on TAC before buying it - I can happily confirm that it works great in Australia (particularly the gender neutral option, but also the UK version with some of the helpful suggestions in the extensive document.) It's fiendishly clever, and I've had some great responses so far! Thanks again for your help, Steve. Other Australians should feel enthused to grab a copy!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Bifurcati,

Glad to help and hope you fry some minds throughout the holiday season and beyond Smile

Regards, Steve
Pauldelafontaine
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Pauldelafontaine
Have tried googling this but can not find out where to buy it. Anyone?
lekin
View Profile
Regular user
Sometimes less is more so I only have
145 Posts

Profile of lekin
Click on the title of the effect in the yellow text below Steve's post; it will take you there.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

For those of you who may be interested in a different way to present the words for the "gender neutral" version, I have just placed "Word Search Detective" on sale for $10.00. Please note that "Word Search Detective" does NOT include instructions for "Thought Association Card." You can read a more thorough description here:

http://yachanin.net/Yachanin_Magic/WordSearchBook2.htm

It is available through lulu.com

Regards, Steve
peirceman
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of peirceman
Just read through this thread. Looking forward to reveiving my PDF. This sounds awesome.
peirceman
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of peirceman
I received the PDF the same day, I can say it delivers everything the others in the thread posted. I am consistently amazed when reading items like this at how little I know about mentalism. This document is well worth the purchase price!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1562 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I have been going back to this since doing Zoom shows, and my opinion has not changed. This is a wonderful effect.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Chaz93,

I'm so glad you are still finding value in TAC after all these years. Do you show the card via "share screen" or just hold it in front of your camera?

Regards, Steve
corindaman
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Just ordered this from Steve and also the word search book from Lulu. Looking forward to having a ‘play’ with this.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi corindaman,

Make sure to stop back after you've had a chance to take TAC out for a spin and let us know some of your experiences with it.

Regards, Steve
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1562 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On May 2, 2021, yachanin wrote:
Hi Chaz93,

I'm so glad you are still finding value in TAC after all these years. Do you show the card via "share screen" or just hold it in front of your camera?

Regards, Steve

Hi Steve,
Sorry for late response I don't check the Café much these days.

I have created a sideshow scene in OBS that displays the words from the gender neutral list which scrolls during the pre-show countdown. Comes on screen 5 minutes before the show officially starts and asks everyone to choose a word from the ones scrolling by. Then after my opener I perform T.A.C as a way to "warm up".

Hope you're doing well!
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Chaz93,

I've seen some very clever innovations as more and more shows have had to adapt to streaming because of the pandemic. Great idea!

Regards, Steve
JuanPoop
View Profile
New user
Australia
63 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I just bought this directly from Steve - yesterday!!

It would be interesting to hear Café member's thoughts on the use of the "Word Search Detective" booklet, versus a card.

I understand that a card offers the portability of being used as part of an EDC, but the booklet seems to add to the "impossibility" of the effect.

Especially keen to hear your views Steve.
aka John
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi John,

My original thought was that the "Word Search Detective" book would provide a more visual means of selecting the words for parlor/stage. It cannot bear long, intense scrutiny by your volunteers, as the words are repeated at some point (but I never let my volunteers handle the book for longer than it takes them to select their words and then I set the book aside).

I, personally, do not have the book as part of my EDC. The card, on the other hand, is always in my wallet Smile

Regards, Steve
JuanPoop
View Profile
New user
Australia
63 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2021, yachanin wrote:
Hi John,

My original thought was that the "Word Search Detective" book would provide a more visual means of selecting the words for parlor/stage. It cannot bear long, intense scrutiny by your volunteers, as the words are repeated at some point (but I never let my volunteers handle the book for longer than it takes them to select their words and then I set the book aside).

I, personally, do not have the book as part of my EDC. The card, on the other hand, is always in my wallet Smile

Regards, Steve

Thanks Steve - I appreciate your thoughts. It looks like the book will suit a small audience setting and the card as an EDC item.

p.s. I like the design of the test card - it looks great.
aka John
JuanPoop
View Profile
New user
Australia
63 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
I just received my copy of “Word Search Detective” from Lulu today and it looks great.

It is such an authentic looking puzzle book. I can see why it shouldn’t be left with a spectator for close examination, but as was mentioned by Steve above, the plan is to use it for the intended purpose only, then put it away (effects case, jacket pocket, etc - casually remove it from view).

I feel now that I have 2 good versions of the same effect - one for EDC impromptu and the other a set routine for a small audience.

Having now reviewed the entire thread again, I have a question. I am keen to explore the Real Thing book test, incorporating TAC. Are the notes included in the Supplement 2 of TAC all I need to get going with that book test, or do to purchase Atlas’s effect as well?
aka John
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2089 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi John,

You would need to purchase Atlas's effect as well (including the book). Smile

Regards, Steve

P.S. - Thanks for the kind words regarding the "Word Search Detective" book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Thought Association Card (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL