The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So, what are you doing for Halloween? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tspall
View Profile
Regular user
Lumberton, NC
147 Posts

Profile of Tspall
I'll be enjoying the festivities here in town. I have a tape fo the last Houdini seance held at the Knickerbocker (sp?) hotel, so I'll probably play that to my class on Halloween. Smile
Tony
"It's showtime!!"
My magic blog:
http://ahora_mismo.blogspot.com/
thk5353
View Profile
Regular user
Northern New Jersey
183 Posts

Profile of thk5353
Going Deucing with my fellows. I'll be hopefully in the back of a pickup truck or an open-top wrangler winging eggs at helpless trick-or-treater. I'll try to wear my magician outfit with the cape and the top hat. Then running away from cops for vandalism. Upgraded from getting candies. Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
My friend Tom and I go all out to scare the "you-know-what" out of the members of his neighborhood. Remember, LESS IS MORE! We do not have loud sound effects, or elaborate set-ups (other than our costumes, and subtle lighting). I dress as the Devil (a very extensive make-up job, by the way), and stand at the end of a long walk way leading up to his front door. I am holding the bowl of candy. I am motionless, and making no noise, however they know I am real. Tom is dressed as the Reaper and hiding behind a bush at the beginning of the walk way. Once the kids (and adults) build up the courage, and come to me for the candy, Tom comes out of hiding, and QUIETLY stands about 10 feet behind them. When they turn to leave they are now trapped between us. We never go "RahhhhRR!!!!" or anything, we just let their imaginations run wild. Remember, LESS IS MORE! Smile
Walon
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Walon
I'm going to a few regular Halloween parties, an SCA masquerade (and bringing along a few horrifying goodies), but not anything particularly Samhainic.

(...is that even a word...?)
"Trauma is the Engine of Initiation"

Walon
Purveyor of Fine Used Souls
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Im going to be Doing 3 performances at Kevin Mccurdies Haunted Mansion http://www.thehauntedmansion.com

This Has been my first big gig, In the past 2 weekends ive performed for almost 2000 people and I'm only 16. WOW I still can hardly believe it.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
cogliostro
View Profile
New user
Tampa
99 Posts

Profile of cogliostro
For the first time in thirteen years I will not be running a haunted house. Instead, I'll be at a bachelor party.
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

For my namesake, I will be holding a charity seance party. Less will definitely be more as I am recovering from back surgery and barely able to walk around. I do get a cool cane though...

They requested ouija so we'll be doing ouija, table-tipping along with the usual raps I've grown to love.

Funds from this show go to Leukeumia & Lymphoma Society.

Spirited be,
Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
No performance this year - my partner is heavily pregnant with our second child, and I'm also expecting (albeit a book).

However, we have organised a little party for our son, aged two and three-quarters. He's having an exhibition of his art/music, based around a Hallowe'en theme.

I'm not sure whether to 'do' anything, as most of the guests will be three or there abouts(!) Might have a play with our UV light (lots of my son's pictures are luminous/fluorescent), and see what I come up with.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
So Caleb,

When are the arrival dates?

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Mark,

January 12th for the new baby, but as everyone is born prematurely in my family, then we're kind of expecting a Christmas day birth Smile.

As for 'The Garden of the Strange', Luke wants to launch it at the Leeds Convention (mid May next year), but it should be ready a fair bit before then.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Hopefully as Caleb said the book will be done and dusted much before the May convention (In Leeds) but the offical date will be the convention where I will be proudly displaying it on my dealers table along with my new book Building Blocks.

Anyone attending the Leeds convention try an stop by and say hi, be good to see some freindly faces. As for Halloween I will be hosting my now regular Black Rose event. Some may know of it more will not. It is something I do on Halloween and my birthday - kind of a mini show around a dinner table. Friends attend along with magick friends, artists, musicians (if your a punk rock fan - go out and buy the new Feedback albulm which should hit the shops very soon, they are great guys and desereve all the money we can throw at them!) writers, tattooists (I make a point of having new work done on Halloween) and the occasional normal person.

It is always an enjoyable evening nothing like a seance or for that matter any other performances I do but it is nice to do something different on special occasions in this case it is something more for myself than anything. I enjoy watching the performers/artists that attend so for me its a little treat!....the food however well....that's another story....Smile

Many Thanks,

Luke Jermay.

PS: Calebs book is more than worth the wait. Trust me.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I'm gunna go and blow up some pumpkins with Roman Candals and Bottle rockets!!!
It's going to be awsome!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So, what are you doing for Halloween? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL