The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Combo sub/tip over trunk? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Josh Isenhardt
I was thinking about building a Sub Trunk that is also a tip over trunk. I have some pretty cool ideas of how this could really spice up a normal substitution trunk act. What do you guys think? Pros, cons? Obviously the trunk would no longer be examinable, but I think the effects that could be done with it would far out wiegh this disadvantage. Has anyone ever done this before?
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
"Obviously the trunk would no longer be examinable"
why? if it is built well it shouldn't matter.
GI
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I believe that there already is a combo trunk on the market. it was advertised in all the rags as a complete illusion show last year. it features a tip over/sub/thin model base/multiple person appearence and even has a built in smoke machiene. Anybody know this one?
Josh Isenhardt
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Josh Isenhardt
Well shoot, where did they put the kitchen sink. Smile Do you know if it's possible to perform the tip over and sub as one routine with this apparatus, or is it something you alter between illusions and pass off as different tricks? I plan to use both as part of the same trick.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
There are ways to make ths sub trunk a tip over but it does limit angles where a sub truck can be done in the middle of an audience and that looks great.
Dennis Michael
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
It has already been done. If I'm not wrong, I believe Bill Smith or John Gaughan built one for Lawrence Kong who performed it in his shows.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I own one, which I built myself. A few folks in here have seen it. Never have I had any problems when it came time to have folks from the audience scrutinize it.

Ross Horwitz also custom fabricates these in Tucson.
http://www.magiccrafters.com

I don't recommend him though, he is too unorganized and doesn't seem to have his priorities in order when it comes to business. Just ask Corey King.

He is a very very kind and sharing individual however. Personally he is a great gentleman.
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
Speaking of Magicrafters has anyone bought any of his backdrops? They look very nice and the pricing seems pretty reasonable.
tricky dick
View Profile
New user
new hampshire
8 Posts

Profile of tricky dick
Has anyone purchased the all in one show by Magiccrafters? If so how is it?
perform for birthday parties,stage shows and walk around. looking to get into larger illusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Combo sub/tip over trunk? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL