The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Price for effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 09:51, LukeB wrote:
Loving it Greg, well priced too in the end I think, thanks mate

LB

Luke,

Glad you like it---I have been very happy with the reviews. I do think the material in this is special and glad others agree.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 08:11, Peter_turner wrote:
I just got through this.... lovely! It was an absolute pleasure to read.

The ideas in this book are like greg pointed out not for everyone. You can take that as you will, I look at that as a positive thing, limited people will get the pleasure of reading this cracking piece of work (meaning the secrets remain secret)

The material is practical and as Greg so rightly makes a point of in the book an experience that will never be forgotten for the participant (if Read and applied as they are intended to be).

What I find interesting about this work is it exemplifies how to use your surroundings to apply great pieces of mentalism (anyone who owns this will be smiling now).

The only disappointing thing I found with this work and that's due to where I am (the uk) is the zodiac piece. Its f#$@g genius and I can't use it Smile again anyone who owns the book will be smiling because this piece is worth the price.

Great book, great thinking, I for one look forwards to more amazing thought by greg.

Don't lose yourself, stay wonderful x

I wanted to follow up about questions about Zodiac. I probably misnnamed it. I have had many inquiries about this and thought a post would help. For many of you this effect will allow you to know the sign of an indivdual without any pumping or technology. It is so clean. It does not work everywhere but no worries. The method allows you to gain other information about indivduals in just a clean manner. No matter where you live you can use the Zodiac methodology to reveal information in a manner that could not be any cleaner (i.e no writing down, no asking questions or pumping, etc.) Hope that helps with questions (I can't say too much more without tipping the method). Any other questions regarding the book, please PM. Thanks to all who have purchased and all the kind words you have posted.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just an update---sales have been strong and I appreciate all the tremendous reviews. It is a lot of work answering questions through PM, etc. I have limited the number of copies I am selling. That will not change. However, I may pull Inspired and not sell after a certain date due to time commitments and traveling. Obviously, I would plan to sell the remaining copies down the road but not sure when. When the limited amount sells over whatever timeframe that will be it. Again thanks for all the interest.

Greg
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Right now I am thinking of limiting sales of Inspired through Feb 20 and then ceasing sales. If interested PM me. Thanks
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Sales of Inspired end Feb 20. If you follow me at twitter GSBKY@aol.com and tweet me, I will give you a discount. Again thanks to all who have purchased. I have been thrilled with the comments.

Greg
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Just a reminder that Inspired sales will cease on Feb 20. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
The method allows you to gain other information about indivduals in just a clean manner. No matter where you live you can use the Zodiac methodology to reveal information in a manner that could not be any cleaner (i.e no writing down, no asking questions or pumping, etc.) Hope that helps with questions (I can't say too much more without tipping the method).

That doesn't really help and I'm sure you can say much more without tipping the method. What you are really saying is - "My zodiac trick is a miracle".

Being able to "reveal information in a manner that couldn't be any cleaner" isn't particularly tough if you already have the information to reveal. If its as clean as you say - it must come from before show research - and there are a million ways this could be possible. You should be selling this effect on this basis and detailing the benifits of your product in terms of what it makes possible under certain CONDITIONS.

Given 5 minutes, I'm sure everyone can think of how to reveal a zodiac sign. Find someone's date of birth. But how do you find their date of birth? Ask one of their friends, and perform the effect later when the friend isn't around. Find their Facebook and remember their DOB. Get a glimpse of their ID. Many ways and some ways are better than others.

I wonder with your effect - can you arrive alone at an event fukk if guest, with no prior knowledge of these guests, and without help perform your zodiac effect? If so - that implies you have a reliable way to determine the necessary information SINGLE-HANDEDLY and IN a performance environment. That is something that I'd find valuable and its conditions like these that will genuinely help people to make purchase decisions.

Just saying "you can reveal" isn't really useful.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-02-18 21:08, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Quote:
The method allows you to gain other information about indivduals in just a clean manner. No matter where you live you can use the Zodiac methodology to reveal information in a manner that could not be any cleaner (i.e no writing down, no asking questions or pumping, etc.) Hope that helps with questions (I can't say too much more without tipping the method).

That doesn't really help and I'm sure you can say much more without tipping the method. What you are really saying is - "My zodiac trick is a miracle".

Being able to "reveal information in a manner that couldn't be any cleaner" isn't particularly tough if you already have the information to reveal. If its as clean as you say - it must come from before show research - and there are a million ways this could be possible. You should be selling this effect on this basis and detailing the benifits of your product in terms of what it makes possible under certain CONDITIONS.

Given 5 minutes, I'm sure everyone can think of how to reveal a zodiac sign. Find someone's date of birth. But how do you find their date of birth? Ask one of their friends, and perform the effect later when the friend isn't around. Find their Facebook and remember their DOB. Get a glimpse of their ID. Many ways and some ways are better than others.

I wonder with your effect - can you arrive alone at an event fukk if guest, with no prior knowledge of these guests, and without help perform your zodiac effect? If so - that implies you have a reliable way to determine the necessary information SINGLE-HANDEDLY and IN a performance environment. That is something that I'd find valuable and its conditions like these that will genuinely help people to make purchase decisions.

Just saying "you can reveal" isn't really useful.

David---with regard to your question---yes, you can arrive alone at an event, with no prior knowledge of your guests, and without any help (or technology whatsoever or speaking to anyone) reveal all types of information to a spectator. You can arrive alone naked. The book Inspired contains effects that I have performed dozens or hundreds of times and are proven winners. They are the secrets that have had the most powerful impact for me. They do not contain sleight of hand. Since today is the last day I am selling Inspired for some time I do not feel the need to tell anymore about this effect or any of the others. Those of who purchased have been extremely satisfied. For those who did not, it won't be available after today anyway.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Thanks to all who purchased---as of today Inspired is not being offered until further notice. Thanks

Greg
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
David---with regard to your question---yes,

Well that is strange, because I've since heard to the contrary. I've sent you a PM.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I was stunned to receive the following PM from David--"Ive just been told your reply to me about your Zodiac effect isn't true. It was an unsolicited mail that said your claim was false and BRIEFED ME ON THE METHOD (emphasis added). It really doesn't sound like you could arrive at an event already full of guests and rveal the information." The next line mentions the method so I will leave it out. David then states "I think you should post a correction/apololgy to the thread so that those that might buy your book when it becomes availiable can be informed."

First, before I get to the more important and serious issues let me state that my posts were accurate. David in his earlier posts ask "can you arrive alone at an event fukk (sic)if guests, with no prior knowledge of these guests." I admit, it was hard to understand David's post because of the typo. I took it to mean could I have a show, arrive alone, and then go into a room full of guests once the show starts and perform---and the answer is yes. In David's PM to he changes the question and words it slightly different. The answer may be different. But I stand by my original post.

Now to the more important issue. I am being asked by someone who jumped into this thread basically trying to get info on the method. David's posts were confrontational from the start---basically saying it was impossible (ok, I admit there is a trick--I'm not a mindreader). The reviews on this book by people who actually purchased it have been very positive. The only negative has been from David. The book is not even for sale any longer!!! If David doesn't believe it---don't buy it. However, to be told someone who has unethically given him the method and then asked me for an apology has absolutely blown my mind (especially when everything in my post is accuarate).

I use this site to be positive and to create. I am sick and tired of people who only try to destroy and be negative. Zodiac is a brilliant way for anyone to gain information on a spectator. If its not for you, fine---but please do question my integrity and honesty when you are learning my method and did not purchase it.

After I saw David's last post, I PMed him one more time and said "I saw your last post. Are you saying your source is wrong?" He responded "I'm saying youve told me one thing, my source has told me another. I want the truth." Who made David the secret police? He has purchased nothing. I have told him the truth--I do not need to provide him a copy of the effect to satisfy his curiousity. I find this so offensive.

So where do I go from here. I have stopped selling the book and the people who have it have some amazing, fresh, out of the box thinking that works. I toyed with the idea of giving away Zodiac for free just to prove I was right. But quite frankly that would be very unfair to the people who paid for the book. I might give it (the single effect, not the entire book) to a few impartial people who could respond. I don't know. I am a lawyer and have thought about trying to find out who is dispersing my intellectual property. David said there is a PM so there is an electronic record forever. I have also thought about quitting this site. That is too bad because I feel like I have enriched our community with my posts, my pms and my effects. But after awhile, it just isn't worth the agravation to have some self appointed do gooder come along with information that he did not pay for, publically accuse you of lying when you know you haven't and then have to defend yourself. And how do I defend myself without going into every detail of the method? So that's my response. At this point, Im getting to the point that I just don't care.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Hang on in there,Greg, if you enjoy this site, don't let yourself be bullied out of it!

I wasn't going to comment on Davit's post, but after re- reading it - I was shocked at the arrogance of it. He didn't buy the book, but he WANTS answers?

I would hope that in "real life" Davit you conduct yourself with more decorum and that you are a more likable person than your posts here suggest.

Robert.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Greg,

I do not own a copy of Inspired, so I cannot comment on the effect in question. However, having dealt with you in the past and bouncing ideas back/forth, I can say you possess integrity and would never try to willingly swindle someone for the sake of book sales.

Ultimately, you choose to market your items however you wish. Having read through this thread, I see nothing wrong with the way you advertised Zodiac and believe that your description is how the effect indeed plays out.

You have no obligation to divulge Zodiac's methodology and I think you have done more than enough with regard to answering questions concerning the effect. Don't feel bullied into releasing the methodology to prove a point. If I were you, I would just ignore the topic and move on. I'm sure those who have purchased Inspired are more than satisfied with their purchase.

To echo what Robert said above, don't let one discussion, argument, etc. keep you from posting. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Best,

Tony
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
In a short time I have had enormous outpouring of support in my PMs and Robert and Tony's posts. Thank you very much. It does make me feel better. And by the way David, I would check with a copyright lawyer when you post verbatim the method of a mentalism book online especially when you admit you did not purchase it. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Greg
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
I've not posted a method. I've posted the bare minimum required to expose your inaccurate claim and exposing the fact that the effect can't be done as you said.

I'm sure people will remind themselves in years to come that you aren't always spot on when describing the conditions under which one can perform your effects.

Isn't it strange that you might have had an "outpouring" of support, yet one of your purchasers/reviewers thought so badly of your promotion that they forwarded the info I needed to set the record straight. Either way - this isn't a show of hands. People either accurately describe the things they are selling or they don't. At least now its in the public record.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Well, the truth will out in the end - if the Zodiac effect is amazing, I am sure rave reviews of real life use will come out... if not, well, maybe the opposite?

If one gets attacked - it usually means 1 of 2 things (at least) (1) its because you are very successful and automatically will have some haters for it or (2) the work really deserves to be attacked.

Guess we shall see happens in the fullness of time and what price this effect costs!

Aside: The method posted above - if such is a method - I assume must have way more - else its just a basic principle of the mystery arts known to most of us? Confeds is classical... what I read up above didn't seem like anything spectacular - I am assuming if there is anything innovative and unique it couldn't have been what was posted above?!?!? I actually DO NOT WANT TO KNOW OR REALLY CARE WHAT THE METHOD IS - but what was posted above is like saying "USE A NW"

I think everyone should check their emotions and stick with facts, timelines, etc. and lay them out clearly in an order, and not put any inferences in - that goes for all the sides here IMHO

But if you want to swing battleaxes in dark cellars - be my guest!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 19:18, Dr Spektor wrote:
Well, the truth will out in the end - if the Zodiac effect is amazing, I am sure rave reviews of real life use will come out... if not, well, maybe the opposite?

If one gets attacked - it usually means 1 of 2 things (at least) (1) its because you are very successful and automatically will have some haters for it or (2) the work really deserves to be attacked.

Guess we shall see happens in the fullness of time and what price this effect costs!

Aside: The method posted above - if such is a method - I assume must have way more - else its just a basic principle of the mystery arts known to most of us? Confeds is classical... what I read up above didn't seem like anything spectacular - I am assuming if there is anything innovative and unique it couldn't have been what was posted above?!?!? I actually DO NOT WANT TO KNOW OR REALLY CARE WHAT THE METHOD IS - but what was posted above is like saying "USE A NW"

I think everyone should check their emotions and stick with facts, timelines, etc. and lay them out clearly in an order, and not put any inferences in - that goes for all the sides here IMHO

But if you want to swing battleaxes in dark cellars - be my guest!

First, let me say it is easy to check your emotions when you are an impartial third party. In my case, this is something that I worked very hard on. Further, I tried to be very fair in answering a question that I did not have to. My own honesty was then called into question. Then on top of all this---the person questioning me admitted to not purchasing the method but instead was given it. So keep that in mind when we are asked to check our emotions.

But if you just want the facts---I answered David's question this way on Feb 20 "you can arrive alone at an event, with no prior knowledge of your guests and without any help (or technology whatsoever or speaking to anyone ) reveal all types of information to a spectator." David's original question had typos in it so I decided to answer it with the explanation to make sure it was accurate. My statement and answer to the question was and is 100% accurate. That is the unemotional facts.

For my honest answer David has attacked me relentlessly in two threads. Also, keep in mind my answer to his question was on Feb 20. Per an earlier notice I ceased selling Inspired, a limited edition, at midnight on Feb 20. Thus, this was not a ploy for mutlitple sales. It was just an honest attempt to answer a question.

In the future, my hunch is that I simply will describe an effect and ignore all questions so as to not be put myself back in this same position. I do not mind legitimate questions, but abhor the personal attacks that were thrown at me for a book that has only received positive reviews---something unheard of these days.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Oh Greg Berman... somehow you keep on having these embarassing revelations deleted. They will be hosted elsewhere for all eternity, in the mean time anyone is free to email me for a copy of my deleted post. I simply will not stay quiet about this - either you deliberatley lied or you miss-read my question; and when it was suggested that you post a correction you declined.

For those reading now, twice now I have posted a redacted (to protect the secret) extract from Greg's book which was provided to me by a disgruntled owner. This proved that Greg's answer to me was false and I only posted it after he refused to correct his false statement. I gave him every opportunity to leave an hoenst impression of his publication but he declined.

Quote:
But if you just want the facts---I answered David's question this way on Feb 20 "you can arrive alone at an event, with no prior knowledge of your guests and without any help (or technology whatsoever or speaking to anyone ) reveal all types of information to a spectator." David's original question had typos in it so I decided to answer it with the explanation to make sure it was accurate. My statement and answer to the question was and is 100% accurate. That is the unemotional facts.

Only its not the unemotional facts is it? This thread has been whitewashed (twice) and now you are trying to re-write history.

What you have left out from your quote is the phrase - "David---with regard to your question---yes" - you then rephrased my question to your own liking. The intent of my question was very clear and since we are talking "facts" - here it is exactly as written - typos and all. In my view, although the typo is unfortunate - my meaning is clear - what else do you think those typo words meant? Even if you were very confused by the typo - the very next sentence makes it crystal clear my meaning.

Greg, the question I asked and which you answered "Yes" to was:

Quote:

Notwithstanding the typo in the first sentence, the second sentence makes my meaning crystal clear with the words "determine the necessary information SINGLE-HANDEDLY and IN a performance environment". I even CAPITALISED the important words!

Whether that was deliberate or accidental or whatever - who knows. Fact is, your answer isn't correct and since it was made in a public forum, it should have been corrected. You don't need to smooth it over with the person who tipped me off behind the scenes. It should be done in public.

After the unsolicited tip-off, I contacted you privately. You told me your answer in the thread was accurate. I said I would be checking with my source because it didn't tally with what I'd heard. Next thing I know you've posted the details of our correspondence in the thread. If it were me, and I was trying to be honest (as you say) I'd just have said "Sorry, miss-read Davit's question - my effect can't satisfy both of those conditions at the same time, but the effect is still great". No problems, everyone is happy!

Quote:
I ask anyone out there, how would they feel if they were selling a car---everyone who test drove it loved it---and one guy steals the car and then has the nerve to complain that the ride was not as smooth as advertised.

Only I didn't steal anything. I was briefed on the extent to which your effect didn't match your description and later sent a short verbatim extract to illustrate the point in the face of your false rebuttal. I'm 100% comfortable about what I've done. I was happy to recieve the info, I was happy to suggest to you that a correction was in order and when that wasn't forthcoming I was happy to demonstrate why a correction was needed.

I kept everything vague. The only "value" that has been lost is that one extra person (me) knows the method. If you were serious about protecting your creation for your own and your customer's use, I'd suggest being more accurate in the claims you make. That way, your customers won't feel the need to leak information.

Quote:
In the future, my hunch is that I simply will describe an effect and ignore all questions so as to not be put myself back in this same position.

That is all you do now. The reason I pressed you about the conditions under which you can perform your effect was because you were only offering fluffy descriptions describing 'miracles'. When I eventually got what I thought was a straight answer out of you - it turned out to be false.

Quote:
I do not mind legitimate questions, but abhor the personal attacks that were thrown at me for a book that has only received positive reviews---something unheard of these days.

Well your week is just about to get better. Not only was one of your customers/reviewers unhappy enough to leak me the info needed to expose your statement I've had some other interesting news. At least two of the effects that are included in Inspired (PIN Attack and your ACAAN) have been released individually in the past. I now know that these were poorly recieved and that you had to give refunds to multiple purchasers. There are also crediting issues.

Maybe you could confirm how many refunds you've had to give for component effects of Inspired? It seems the way you describe the way your work is recieved doesn't match reality either.

This discussion can't be any less "personal". The topic is how you wrongly described your effect and refused to correct the false impression your description left. I am criticising what you've done and failed to correct.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
David,

I have heard enough about you that I will only choose to respond when I wish. You seem to be very good and getting "unsolicited" methods sent to you for free. I know that you have contacted people on this forum--unsolicited---and tried to get them to support you. You seem like you don't have much going on. By the way, have you ever created anything? Please share with us? I am proud of what I do---I create. At this point, I just laugh when I see your posts spouting off the same nonsense. Good luck David.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
I guess the reason people have tipped me off about you is because they know I don't give a **** and that I'll speak up against miss-information. I guess they have their reasons for not speaking up themselves.

Yes. I contacted 4 posters in this thread who indicated that they owned and liked Inspired. For all to see, this is what I said to them:
Quote:
Do you think it would be proper to point out that Zodiac, contrary to Greg's claims doesn't meet the conditions I laid down?

Davit

One of the 4 agreed with me. The other three either did not directly answer or I am awaiting their reply. I'll leave it to them to post publicly if they wish. Unlike you - with me, private correspendece remains private.

The facts are clear for all to see. Info was leaked to me exposing your false statement. You don't like it and are now trying to smear me in every way you can. That's fine. I'm not going to be pressing the "report" button to get all your little snide (and false) accusations removed. But if you want to play hard-ball lets play...

You don't want to apologise for the false impression your promotion left. Fine - everyone can already see the truth. Lets get into ACAAN. How many refunds did you have to give for that? Was at least one of the refunds because your methodology was a duplicate of an existing (uncredited) effect? What do you have to say about that? How does this tally with this strong material you are so proud of?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Price for effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL