The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TWIST & TALK Balloon Puppet System by Axtell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
This is our lastest release ... a new twist on ballooning!

TWIST & TALK Balloon Puppet System

Also TWIST-A-TRONIX Animatronic Balloon System

More info at
http://www.axtell.com/twist.html
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Just when you think nothing new and exciting could be coming along....
WOW! Steve, this is one of the BEST things I've seen, once again surpassing almost every kidshow prop to date. How do you continue to do it?!
What an absolutely rock-solid piece of GOLD this is. Twist a balloon sculpture, perform a hilarious puppet routine, and give the balloon to your kid helper.
I can see this easily filling 20 minutes, if well-scripted. And it would entertain EVERYONE from toddlers to teenagers to seniors.
Can the puppet's head turn, as well as talk?
I'm very excited about this, do you have a projected release date?
Potty
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1207 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Top notch, cutting edge.
Any idea on the price?
www.mikebrownmagic.com
<BR>http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=885780636
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
We are right in the middle of our protype phase so we are taking names for the notify list. On the webpage is a link to my email which tons of folks have already hit. When we get the numbers right, we'll post it. This is probably going to be out in plenty of time for holiday shows. : ))

Any ideas for AxTrax routines? We will produce a few. And MagicTrax for the animatronic ones too.

The MAGIC for this is unlimited. You can twist a real matching charcter in front of the audience , drop it, switch it for the pre-made matching animatronic version and set it on the table... walk away and it comes to life! MAGIC!
Or switch the real for the balloon one for the headstick puppet one and make it talk with your hand, then switch it again, and give away the non-gimmicked one to a kid.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Here is what I would do,

First make the Axtell puppet with some jokes and wise cracks etc.. Then sit him up...

While making balloon creation number two for the first kid have the Axtel balloon puppet come to life (the first balloon you originally made) and heckle you while making ALL the other balloons for the 15-20 kids... Sorta creating an actual show while at the very same time making balloons for all the kids! You could pre program him to know different creations you make to make some fun comedy. No need for kids to "ask" for you to make something. You are working out what to make with the Axtel balloon puppet and show. This also allows you to make your best stuff super fast for all the kids. No more lines, waiting... asking kids.. "Umm, what do you want.. lets see.." Later you could even make more money by selling videos of all the balloon creations that go with the story line. Then at the end if its a birthday party etc.. Hand the Axtell balloon to the guest of honor at the end. What a way to never forget the party and stand out from the typical balloon line twister.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Love it! I'll add these to the idea page as it develops. Thanks Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

I really see no problem with fitting the gimmick right in front of the kids. As soon as the balloon puppet comes alive, you're cookin'.
Let's not overthink this. Making a balloon model into a working puppet is pure gold. If the kids understand what you did, it's no problem. No need to do a swtich, although if that's how you want to play it, fair enough.
Personally, I think I'd rather let them see me installing the gimmick - this way, they won't think "hey, he's got a stick in there, it's not the same balloon".
Once the balloon character takes on it's own personality, you're away. I seriously doubt that switching out the balloon model will be effective. Rather, let everyone SEE how it's made, and carry on.
Potty
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
My first bit I would have him move around and pretend you can't see at first. Maybe while you are making your very first balloon to hand out. the kids will go bonkers of course every time you look he stops moving. by your second or third balloon creation the kids will be going crazy at this point and you "finally" notice and its on with the talking balloon puppet show while twisting for all the kids!...

At this point you start making balloon creation number three or four and the balloon puppet thinks he is smarter and more magical than you while you are twisting he says he is a mind reader and knows what your making without even looking..After all he is a balloon. You turn him around and tell the kids to watch him and make sure he don't peek he keeps peeking the kids yell out. "He's peeking he's peeking!!" of course every time you look he turns his head and yet again the kids are going bonkers like the first time especially now since you trained them with the first response.

I could go on and one with more story line and ideas however, I think the coolest thing is when people call and say: "How much do you charge to twist balloons." you can say: "my balloons come to life and while twisting balloons for all the kids you get a show as well and you child of honor will get the to keep the star of the show my balloon puppet at the end as the grand finale!"

Now who are you gonna hire to do balloons at your party for 1 hour? The clown that charges $100 for 1-2 balloon dogs and flowers or for the same exact hour everyone gets a amazing balloon AND an entire show at the exact time and the child of honor get something super magical at the end (the balloon puppet) for $225

I would pre make the balloon puppet ahead of time in 4-6 pieces and put it in a bag and have him ready to go to speed up the time.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
I'm no balloon-man myself.....
But the Ax has done it again!!!!

Man, oh man, what a creative brunch of lunatics over at Axtell's, haha.
Once more: well done!!!

What's next?

Frank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Oooooh, man, I'm already getting ideas.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Great idea - I think this is the best balloon - vent - puppet idea I have seen in years. Please put me on your mailing list.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks all! Okay the price is now up on the web page and we are taking orders for the system now with our secure shopping cart system.

Since this is a new product we do not yet have this in stock. We will be building these on a first come, first served basis.
Place your order now to get on the waiting list. We are estimating 6-8 weeks for delivery.
You MUST place your official order to get on the waiting list. Order on-line to get the quickest time stamp or call 805 642-7282 with your credit card. The date of your order will determine your place in line for this hot TWIST & TALK product.

The Animatronic version TWIST-A-TRONIX will be up for sale soon, watch the page for more information. We do not have the price yet on that one.

If you have any questions about ordering, shipping, payment method etc. Contact Theresa in our Customer Service department at order@axtell.com or 805 642-7282

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
This would be great to have with a simple remote similar to the previous version of the "Remote Magic Drawing Board" without the expensive and complicated Animatronics.
The remote could be concealed in the balloon pump instead of the Eraser. The mechanics and electronics on the mounting base so it could be used manually or by remote. Just an idea.
BTW, is this spring controlled or latex similar to the Mic Mouth?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Lou, the TWIST-A-TRONIX uses the Remote Drawing Board system. It will not be as costly as the Hands-Free Puppets. We'll have more info soon.

The manual version is separate and has a spring return mouth.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

I'm disappointed at the reactions to this thread. Ax has come up with a sublime idea here, and we should rightly be discussing it like it's a hot cake in a baker's shop, that we all want to devour greedily...

IMHO probably one of the most innovtive and creative ideas ever thrown out to the kids' entertainment market.

It is our DUTY to discuss this further, that's what we DO here at the MC.

For instance, how about twisting a great balloon (those fancy balloon animals aren't any more difficult to learn than the most basic sleight-of-hand) .... the ballon comes alive, and sings a song?

Or, have the balloon puppet do something naughty - like destroy one of your props?

There are so many ideas....

This thread deserves to remain high on the MC for a long while.

If no one else sees the potential, well, I can.

I give Ax "100% perfect" for this idea. It's really, really good, unsurpassable.

So, let's keep the imagination flowing, keep the ideas coming in. If we can't do this at the MC, for a superlative product such as this, what is the point of all the nonsense we talk, really?

Potty
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Thanks Potty - Buster Balloon will be shooting a series of tutorials on this Thursday.

We will have it at KIDabra too, where he will be doing a workshop on Entertaining with Balloons including this.

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Waiting to see the for animatronix version and price.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Me too...I want the hands free version!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
It will be under $1000 for the TWIST-a-TRONIX version! It's still being tested but we just took one to show at KIDabra... WOW what a reaction! There is new information / video on these pages:

http://www.axtell.com/twistins.html Tutorials
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

I love the idea of the animatronix version. Ax, are there threads anywhere, where this is actually being discussed?
It's crazy, this is the hottest product for years, and the MC thread is as limp as a Eunuch's Lunchbox.
Potty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » TWIST & TALK Balloon Puppet System by Axtell (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL