We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Home made swami? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sc24evr
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sc24evr
Does anyone out there know how to make your own swami? Most of the ones I’ve come into contact with are made out of metal and difficult materials to engineer. Is there an easier, and simpler way to create one at home? Thank you.
georgewkaye
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of georgewkaye
There is a homemade version by David De-Val available from Kaymar Magic, Upminster. You get 1 made up and the instructions to make your own. Very good! It is a 'boon' type.
All the best,
George. Smile
medaca
View Profile
New user
france
37 Posts

Profile of medaca
I rather to spend a few dollars buying a good one instead of trying to make a bad one. Smile
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Some types of "tea candles" , that is the small candle used in oil burners etc,have the wick held in place with a small metal disc and a sort of pipe affair on top that holds the wick in the centre of the candle . this disc is ideal for converting into a boon writer by simply removing the wick and finding a suitable sized lead that fits the hole . At about a Quid for 6 to 10 ( and some candle usage aswell ) they cant be beaten.
ps theyre held on thumb by well worked Blu-tac or double sided tape.
Regards Mark Smile
E.O.I
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2586 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Great tip mark, I just tried thar and it worked a treat

I'm looking to make my own up using guitar picks

http://www.guitarplaza.com/jimdunnicsil.html
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Give Lee Earl's Teach in series a check, it has it.

R
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I agree with restlessplots. Lee Earle has 2 different swami gimmacks, either one of which is very practical. I've made and used them.
Erik Anderson
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
171 Posts

Profile of Erik Anderson
I've made a number of the Lee Earl gimmicks. They are (for me) the best I've ever used. Without tipping the construction (It's on his "Swami Gimmick Teach-In tape), let me say that it is a thumb writer that is made easily using pretty readily available materials.

Keep in mind you should always use the swami gimmick that fits the way YOU work. With that in mind, the thing that makes this particular writer a must-have for ME is that it is one of the few I've used that goes on quickly but solidly (I've yet to drop one...once I've put it on--and I carry a spare now, thank you), it can be made with either a pencil or a listo (china marker) lead, it is durable, and (most improtantly) it goes instantly from finger palm to ready to back to a finger palm.

I can finger palm it as I pick up my pencil, and put it on as I put the pencil back on the table - all in plain view, all very naturally, all with the same hand, and never have to worry if it's on securely or right.

It's cheap, it's easy to make, and it does exactly what I need it to do. You know, when you think about it, it just doesn't get any better than that.
Erik "Aces" Anderson

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." ~ Mark Twain

http://www.acesanderson.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Home made swami? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL