The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Twister Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
Hi Friends of Magic Café ,

I just got a Twister Illusion. Are there any good videos in Youtube to showcase good presentation to trigger ideas to craft a gig for this illusion?

Cheers
Magic is the residue of pre-design fantasies.
Come into my Fantasy www.chandranmagic.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
A YouTube search for "twister illusion" turns up lots of videos.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Don't copy the others work. Create your own presentation
paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
Hi Sorcerer, I am totally new to this illusion and want to see some videos before I craft my own gig. Yet to copy anyone's gig yet.

Hi Clinton ,

Some of the twister illusion videos I found are :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja8oRjw2oiQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8982S8UOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sA0dwVLxV4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a5CZ4azSYc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMVQlkXK-g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4b2w85e2RI

If anyone knows of any great twister videos, please reply this thread too. Thanks.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Interesting posts Paradize, did you not have an idea of what you wanted to do with the illusions you are posting about BEFORE you purchased them??

B
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
This is really funny. Can some illusionist in Earth say being "totally new to twister illusion" without moving a hair? Which planet do you live? Smile

You really need help to find some twister videos? Just writing in youtube "twister illusion" you can find 494 videos...
Perhaps you are a little bit lazy and you want us to do your homework and select between the hundred of videos just a few for you can, hum... lets say..."inspire"

I can find some interesting songs for your twister too, if you want...
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I agree with finding a new style of presentation being hard. Twister is pretty straight forward in the moves. Not like sawing where you can use various steps in acomplishing the final illusion. All I can suggest is make it fun to watch. Use your presentation to keep them from looking to in depth into the illusion secret..keep it entertaining. Joannie Spina did this well with great acting and face gestures. In my opinion, the assistant is the star of this illusion.

I also like it when the assistant cons the magician into getting into the box himself.

The initial question in this topic was justifiable. Not many of us could come up with something totally new without help. He was asking for help. I consult with others quite a bit. Instead of searching through 494 videos, you ask others to cut them down to a list they liked. All good performers have consultants.
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
What ever you do please don't use the music "twisting the night away " like everyone else does LOL
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Ive always thought it would be a nice touch to slow it down and darken the theme a bit...using a slower Nine Inch Nails song. Wont start naming songs, but their slower stuff has a industrial sound to it...this one comes to mind, and ive always thought its the perfect song for a ton of illusions. Great sound bites, sound breaks for reveals and mesmorizing music, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy5gXC2AgbY

Id use that along with the magician being in the box. This way its totally on his shoulders to make it effective and entertaining.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Speaking of Twister, does anyone know where you can fnd video of Rudy Coby performing his Wash-O-Matic?
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
You can find a clip of the Wash-O-matic here

http://www.56.com/u15/v_MTMzNDIzODg.html
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Monkichi, that link is completely garbled to me unfortunately, do you have an alternative?
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1328 Posts

Profile of Servante
Y'know, when I first came here quite a few years back, I had spent a few decades doing magic and ventriloquism. I bought a lot of my stuff from the Vick Lawston (spelling?) catalogue as well as a local magic dealer whose shop was pretty much a secret to everyone who wasn't a magician. Sometimes I bought second-hand tricks from fellow magicians, and they would come with no instructions, but either the seller would show me how it worked, or I'd figure it out myself.
When I first came here, I had a number of pieces I'd performed with for years, but didn't know the names of. The Strat-O-Sphere is a good example. I also had misplaced one of the strat balls and several people here gave me places to go to buy more. This was where I went to be with people like me (Though many of you were and are head and shoulders above me), and I asked a lot of stupid questions. ("Okay, I've got this thing that looks like it might be used this way. I bought it in a lot. Anybody know how close I am and what it's called?")
To me, this is the place where the art is maintained and passed on.
I think that's what Paradize is all about here. Asking. Learning. Sharing. Passing it on to the next generation.
It makes me smile when people here try to help. Passing it on.
Okay, now watch while I get down off this soapbox, throw a foulard over it and make it disappear.
Poof.

-Philip
Richard Kennedy
View Profile
New user
Alaska
2 Posts

Profile of Richard Kennedy
As you can see, the many magicians who answered your question here are very biased one way or the other. This is not a bad thing per se, as their advice is right on the money in both regards. However, a few points to consider. Most of the popular illusions (like the Twister) seem to have the same routine, same music choice, and same EVERYTHING that every other illusionist is performing. This is very sad, and most of us would prefer you NOT choose that route. We have too many copy-cats in the world. I would venture to guess that illusions such as this are popular because they are easy to do and you can find thousands of videos to "work on a routine". Usually this just ends up being small parts taken from others routines to "create" a routine.

So my suggestion to you is that you go ahead and watch all those videos that you seem to covet, and then make sure you DO NOT copy anything you see them do. This included music, color scheme, and routining. This is just a start. But if you want to be orginal (you DO want to be original, right?) the first step is making sure you are not like anyone else. This may seem like an easy task, but we've all seen the hundred Copperfield clones. The Zig Zag illusion is one that I used to see often done to loud rock music, with no thought whatsover to what the actual effect was. Watch the creator, Harbin, do it. His routine starts by having a woman from the audience come up and help him, puts blades in, then when Harbin pushes the center box over you can audibly hear the gasp from the helper who is just a few feet away. In Harbins hands, it was a miracle.

So search for what you want to convey to the audience first, then just follow the road to originality.

Good Luck!
Richard Kennedy
Kennedy Entertainment Productions
www.kennedymagic.com
E: richard@kennedymagic.com
P: 907-726-7503
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2012-08-10 12:25, Servante wrote:
I bought a lot of my stuff from the Vick Lawston (spelling?) catalogue as well as a local magic dealer whose shop was pretty much a secret to everyone who wasn't a magician.

Vic Lawston - "House of 1000 Mysteries". Wow, THAT brings back some memories!!!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
Dear Magician Friends,

just back from a project and couldn't reply this thread. Wow. Many of you have replied my thread. Thanks a lot for reading my thread and replying me.

BLAIR, Of course I know what I pay for and buy.
You can't expect me to play with that illusion for months or years before I purchase it. Did you play/perform/practice with an illusion before you purchase it?

SORCEROR - I live in the same planet as you live in. I have searched YOU TUBE and of course there are many videos there. Its a jungle. Its not being lazy here. I believe that this forum is designed to - MAGICIANS helping MAGICIANS grow.
To go throughout 494 videos takes at least 40 hours.
I am NOT requesting you or other magicians to do a homework for me. I am seeking help here to see if anyone knows of any videos which can inspire me.
It can save 40 hours of my time. I do not want any songs from you bro. I can find my own songs. Thanks for the offer.

VIDEOKIDEO - Thanks a lot for being understanding. I just saw mona spina video. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYD0ijOeu1w

Magic Monkichi - The Wash-O-matic video is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Servante - Thanks a lot for your understanding. You make my day. (Asking. Learning. Sharing)

Richard Kennedy - Thanks a lot. I am on the road to originality and will come up with a gig soon for this twister illusion.

Thanks everyone for writing in and sharing your ideas and inspirations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Twister Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL