The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dance of shiva (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I have used the Dance of Shiva for a long time. Great example of something that is completely different from the viewpoint of the audience and the viewpoint of the performer. The audience see nothing.

Having said that I have never given a billet back to a spectator regardless of what technique I use. Why would I? In the book it clearly gives two alternatives - one that eliminates the paper and one that shows the spectator the contents of the paper. Depending on the situation I usually put the paper in my pocket and never mention it again. What the spectator will see is you pick up the folded paper, keep it folded, and put it in your pocket. How much cleaner do you want it?
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Thanks for the replies. I guess you are right about the state of the billet at the end. That can be managed.

How about the preparation before hand. In the zingg video he is using black faced business cards and the 'preparation' shows up a lot. He mentions that himself. He says that Docc goes even further by using w***r. That's what really worried me. From the viewers point of view, couldn't I have found a business card in a little better shape? It seems like the thing is falling apart by time we hand it to them.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I haven't seen the Zingg video. If you prepare it like Docc describes you pull it out fold it up then hand it to them to write on. It doesn't look bad at all. It doesn't take nearly as long as you would think either. I generally prepare a whole stack of cards while watching a TV show. Goes really quickly. I don't like folding or tearing my business cards so I use 1/2 index cards.

Hope that helps.

~ Dan
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hi Dan,

Just want to also add my wish that Docc does a doccinar on this.

Thanks,

Dan
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Well, you've certainly convinced me that I need to give this another look. I watched the opening of the video and just went, "oh boy, this ain't gonna work." I fast forwarded but all the routines are really just variations of this technique. I'll make some up over the weekend and try it out. That's good news for me, because I was kind of disappointed in my purchase.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
To clarify you were disappointed in a purchase from Docc or Zingg?
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I do not own the Dance of Shiva from Docc so I don't know that routine. I'm only referring to the technique in the video which Mr. Zingg describes as the 'Dance of Shiva' technique. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I assume DonEduardo is referring to vol.3 of Zingg's Master Billet Course. I have the whole set of four volumes and I'm not impressed with any of them.

Barry
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Actually, I think he's referring to Allen's new The Master Billet DVD. I have them, too, and am pretty impressed with them, especially the one on Q&A
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Barry is correct, Vol. 3 of Zinggs Billet Course. I found this thread doing a search on that. Seadog mentioned it earlier in this thread.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dance of shiva (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL