We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Renaissance playing cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of James Warren
I'm not quite sure where to post this question, and this may not be the right forum, but does anyone know of a source for purchasing playing cards that handle more or less like modern cards, but have designs that could pass for renaissance? I'm asking this because I am considering doing strolling magic at a renaissance festival. I would like to use cards, but they would have to look at least somewhat passably period, and yet be manipulable for basic sleights. Thanks.
Faustus Revixit
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Faustus Revixit
Historicgames.com sells a reproduction of the Rouen deck which was widely used in England during the 16th century. I have a similar deck produced by Mt. Hood Playing Card Company (which appears to be out of business). They're a bit smaller than bridge size and have sharp corners with blank backs. The finish is matte paper.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
760 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
kellaroneil
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of kellaroneil
Card Shark is the way to go!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Renaissance playing cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL