We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Photographic Memory For College Students (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I have developed a method to hypnotize students to acquire a photographic memory for exam performance. Any ideas regarding how I go about promoting my service to maximize my impact? How to generate publicity? Buzz? Excitement? How to market? And sell? Thoughts?

Regards,
Mike
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If it works you'll be a millionaire in 6 months!!! The Bean, my daughter, has volunteered if you need a test subject!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9970 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I would first get the endorsement of some credible sources in both the hypnosis community and the educational community. I would be skeptical of such a method or program and would have to have a better understanding of it, to properly advise you, however the educational market and student improvement can be quite lucrative for a proven entity.

Knowing the education market quite well, there would be some concerns and positioning that you should be aware of. Subjective products are typically rejected. Proven and endorsed products and techniques can be an entire different thing. I have several products that have been very rewarding created and targeted to this market. It's a different and even unconventional market to break into, but once you understand it's mechanics, it can be quite strong. Good luck!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My daughter (The Bean)is educating me to the rigors of studying for the SAT. I'm positive there is a huge market if this is effective in the slightest degree.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20327 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If it is possible, you need to run tests. Not theory, not one test subject. Double blind studies and such.

Then you take those results and get people in the field of education behind you. Most of these products can not stand up to double blind studies.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17543 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just try it and see if it works. THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20327 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Not if you want to sell to the market he is asking about. The proof is in the testing. That market is quite serious about stuff like that.

Not my rules. I am just stating the reality of the situation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
This raises many questions.
So it's a service you're offering to students, not a product you're selling as such?
Your customers will be students who you will help directly?
Do you have an existing hypnotherapy practice?
Do students where you are have much money to spend?

Testimonials from happy clients are always good.

It reads like a great 'news' story so local newspapers, TV and radio might be keen to hear all about it, although they might be skeptical.

Just my thoughts.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its been done many years ago. its old news. http://www.photoreading.com/

Many NLP companies run seminars on how to do it. I don't know how effective it is though.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I tried Photoreading years ago and found it beneficial but it didn't give me a photographic memory. I thought I wasn't doing it corectly, but years later I heard Derren Brown tried it and it didn't give him a photographic memory either, which made me feel better. Lol.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I thought I would add that as someone who has studied mnemonics, speed reading and photoreading. I have found they all worked for me apart from the photoreading. The good thing about the photoreading, is that I found it improves speedreading, which means it was beneficial just not as much as I had hoped. Later on I found out the majority of people who had tried it had similar results to mine, with only a few actually claiming photoreading ability.

If someone develops a method that actually works I would definitely purchase it.

The fact that some people are born with a photographic memory, leads me to believe there is a way to access this wonderful ability of the mind.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20327 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
People are different. Look at what can be accessed in the Olympics. Not everyone can. For the record it is an eidetic memory isn't it?

I think it was woody Allen talking about a recently completed speed reading course. Said he finished War and Peace and someone asked him about it. "It has something to do with Russia."
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
My brother is one of those rare people with an eidetic memory. It has been profoundly useful to him; he made a lot of money as a teen winning quizzes around the country, and got the highest grades in the country when he finished secondary (High) school. He is now a very successful academic.

If you do develop a genuine method of unlocking this sort of recall, I would buy it in a flash.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
My brother and I hypnotised each other in order to enter the Akashic Record where, between us, we now KNOW the answer to everything (feel free to ask me anything)and REMEMBER the answers.
The secret is NOT in making silly claims but rather in giving solid PROOF.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You do know there is a volume 2 now? So behind the times Bob. that's what happens when you think you know everything!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-07-30 22:09, TonyB2009 wrote:
My brother is one of those rare people with an eidetic memory. It has been profoundly useful to him; he made a lot of money as a teen winning quizzes around the country, and got the highest grades in the country when he finished secondary (High) school. He is now a very successful academic.

If you do develop a genuine method of unlocking this sort of recall, I would buy it in a flash.

That just sounds to normal for your family Tony? The academic part. Thought he would be into some kind of fraud or something!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
MP, the bank robbers, fraudsters, drag artists, etc are among the cousins. My immediate family is disappointingly conventional.
Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
111 Posts

Profile of Elputty
I'd be very impressed to see an example of hypnosis actually working to create a photographic memory. In the scientific literature on human learning and memory there has been zero evidence for photographic memories, so I would be extremely dubious about any claims to create one.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-08-11 12:07, Elputty wrote:
I'd be very impressed to see an example of hypnosis actually working to create a photographic memory. In the scientific literature on human learning and memory there has been zero evidence for photographic memories, so I would be extremely dubious about any claims to create one.

An eidetic memory is not photographic. It is highly visual, and a useful tool, but it is not a question of taking mental photographs. There is plenty of evidence for highly visual memories.
maxpax
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
116 Posts

Profile of maxpax
Take this for what it is but:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory
According to the article, very few people have been proven to have eidetic memory.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Photographic Memory For College Students (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL