The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Question about girl-to-gorilla in Europe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Wondering about the presence of girl-to-gorilla shows in Europe.

I know there is one in the Foire du Trone park in Paris called "American Show" with bally and a very dramatic (and nice) transformation inside, and I recently came across a male / werewolf version of the show by showman Jef Bodet, who I also would love to learn more about. Bodet's show was a tent show, traveling in fairs.

I wonder if girl-to-gorilla is or has ever been a common show in Europe the way it is in the US and in Brazil. I know that in South America it is mostly a Brasilian phenomena. The one show I found in Chile was set up by a famous Brasilian operator.

Any insights on this, other than the origins of the illusion itself? I know Pepper's ghost is European, I'm thinking about the format as we know it now, a person turns into a beast who then escapes and runs everybody out of the room.

In Brasil we had lady-to-vampire shows like this when a big amusement park monopolized the girl-to-gorilla formula - called "Monga" there - and there were variations in the US too. I'm conducting research on the subject and any leads will be greatly appreciated!
crisgal
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of crisgal
Here's a link to a video of Jef Bodet's werewolf show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdd9d-uI3A
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Question about girl-to-gorilla in Europe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL