The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Semper Fi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
For the last month I have only spoken with guys from this board or my father. One feklow was kind enough to check on me and I am happy because today is my wifes birthday and I ran out of my drugs and was, so be blunt, suicidal....I usually am not. So I am heading to the drugstore and I stop to see if my reps from the job shop are at this little job fair in Virginia City. I was standing and pondering why Mark Twain was in a painting in his white suit and 73 years old that some local school kids painted on a wall when he was 28 when he moved here and still Samual Clemens. I think about stuff like that.

My phone rings and when I picked up I heard "hey brother" which indicated a vet and I thought it was the same guy I spoke to earlier but something wasn't right and I asked who it was. It turned out to be a Marine I worked with 30 years ago. I always got along with the grunts and spec war crowd and he heard about my wife passing from another grunt after someone here posted about it on my wall, whatever that is. Took him a month to track me down and it really felt good to talk to him and we had a long conversation.

Semper fi, always faithful. Only in communities like this freak show, frats, and specially the military do you find people like him and you folks. I honestly think I am alive because of my fellow vets and magicians. Thank you and thanks to real name Brian for posting on facebook for me cuz I still don't get it (how or why facebook works)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
No suicide! Bad! Bad Santa! No!
Cool story about the Marine though.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm proud to know ya Steve...dont' ya go no where.
We have some blessings headed your way.

Signed,
Devil Dog U.S.M.C.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Best wishes, Steve. Take care.

Laurie
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thanks. It was really nice hearing from Kelly, great guy. I have my drugs and am fine now.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
I think about you every day. I hope you realize that by sharing your thoughts and actions you are helping and inspiring others face their difficult times. You're a good guy and I'm glad to know you.

Wishing you nothing but the best.

- B.H.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you. I am better with my meds. With everything and being Janas birthday it was a bit much for me. Not wanting the dogs to be without water really helped me, that and not wanting them to eat me.

If I do get eaten by the dogs coat me in plastic and put me in Doug Higleys work room as a Chubbycabra
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Those you come across in life who are genuine and true to themselves, and who aren't full of !@#$%^&*, are few and far between and are the ones that will always stick out and stay in your memory.

You sir, are one of the good guys.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Having a living thing to take care of is important. Even if they were rescued and found homes those dogs would be traumatized if they lost you. Take care of yourself, man. Even though we've yet to meet in person, you're one of my favorite people.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Take care of yourself Santa.
Please, if you feel suicidal, get help, talk, anything.

God bless my friend,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Thanks for sharing with us. Stay strong!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Semper Fi (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL