The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel confusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay, I know some of you know this. How many Marty McFlys existed at one time? I know of two, the one that went from 1955 to 1985 then Marty ran up to marft, wait, three martys sharing one brain or different dimensions. What about 1885 Marty? Please explain this, thank you.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Multiverse theory. I learned about it from Jet Li's "The One." Soon, one of the Marty McFlys will kill all of the other Marty McFlys and become the One Marty McFly who rules the... Huh. I never realized how derivitive The One is of Highlander until I typed this.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What abou the Marty Marty saw go back who 2015 Marty saw in in 1955 while in 1985 go back so there seems to be a Marty loop in there.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
889 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Not to derail this thread, but:

On a related note, if you are a fan of time-travel novels, then might I suggest a favourite of mine. It is "The Anubis Gates" by Tim Powers.

It is absolutely enchanting. Thank me later.

http://www.sfreviews.net/anubis_gates.html
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Time travel confuses me and reading about it would mess me upcompletely.

I ponder things like if I bury a tv will the political ads help plants grow.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
All of us time travel every day. As we speed down the freeway in our car or on the bus to work, time does slow down for us a very, very, very tiny bit compared to our companions who stayed at home. When you arrive at your destination, you will be a millionth of a billionth of a second younger than your companion who stayed at home. Of course, if you traveled closer to the speed of light while going to work, this time difference would become quite obvious -- you will have aged only a few minutes while your companion at home will have aged centuries. Einstein's theories of relativity and special relativity. Interesting stuff. Really makes you think about reality and what aspects of reality we presume to be unchanging, static, and solid.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Hoodrat, you are not welcome to Hot August Nights for tormenting me.
R.S.
View Profile
Loyal user
CT one day I'll have
201 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Hey, didn't we already have this thread in 2013?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
There was and is only one Marty McFly. In the films he was in close proximity to himself several times, but they were simply Marty's at different ages. When one traveled back to where another was, that was no different than driving somewhere to see a friend. If one had come face to face with another, there would have been no great cataclysm. Just an older McFly having to explain to a confused younger one, what was going on. There was an episode of "Smallville" where an older, already superman, Clark meets a younger one. They got it right. The older one knew what was going on and had to explain to the younger one. The older was impatient and contemptuous of the younger not getting it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
.emit gnitanigiro rieht ni daerht deretla eht revocsid dna emit ni kcab levart yeht litnu ecnereffid eht eciton t’nod coD dna ytraM .ytilaer lanigiro sih morf tnereffid ytilaer etanretla na etaerc dna daerht rehtona ot pmuj yllautca dluoc eh ,emit ni kcab slevart ffiB dlo nehW

.enilemit thgiarts eno gnola gnilevart reven tub ,gnigrevnoc semitemos ,snoitcerid tnereffid ni tuoba gnivom sdaerht suoirav htiw ,emit fo ”yrtsepat“ a si efil taht yas s’teL .xob eht edistuo kniht s’teL

˙ǝuop pɐɥ ɟɟıq ʇɐɥʍ pǝɹǝʌoɔsıp puɐ ǝɯıʇ uı ʞɔɐq pǝןǝʌɐɹʇ p’ʎǝɥʇ ǝɔuo ǝɹnʇnɟ ǝɥʇ oʇ uɹnʇǝɹ oʇ ssǝןʇınɹɟ ǝq pןnoʍ ʇı sǝʌǝıןǝq ɔop ʎɥʍ puɐ '(ǝuıןǝɯıʇ ǝןƃuıs ɐ uo pןnoʍ ʇı sɐ) ǝuıɥɔɐɯ ǝɯıʇ uǝןoʇs ǝɥʇ uı sɹɐǝddɐsıp ɟɟıq ʇɐɥʇ ʇuɐʇsuı ʇɔɐxǝ ǝɥʇ uı ɔop puɐ ʎʇɹɐɯ punoɹɐ ǝƃuɐɥɔ ʇ’usǝop pןɹoʍ ǝɹıʇuǝ ǝɥʇ ʎɥʍ ɹoɟ uoıʇɐuɐןdxǝ uɐ sɹǝɟɟo ʎɹoǝɥʇ sıɥʇ

.sharks holographic giant by replaced posters movie or ,hoverboards have t’don we and ,1985 than 2015 to closer now is it that is travesty real only the ,Honestly .awesome s’it because guess I ?series this love and smile to able we are then why ,disbelief of suspension and ,realities altered ,paradox the all With
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Understand that I mean this in the nicest possible way...

I really really hate you Sal.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Marty saw himself go back in time at the end of part one, is there just loops? There haas to be at least two Martys.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-07-29 03:21, MagicSanta wrote:
I ponder things like if I bury a tv will the political ads help plants grow.

No. Too much poison in their words.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I made a chart so it is easier to comprehend.

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/zz59ebc0ca.jpg
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I knew someone could explain it.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Oh, I understand--no, I don't. Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
On a time travel note, Stephen King's 11/23/63 was an awesome book in my opinion. If you guys could go back in time to either try and stop an event or to just observe an event, what would it be?
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Remember that movie where the carrier went back to ww2 8n time for the 0earl Harbor attack? The one officer who went back in time was met later on by himself. So there must be two Martys at minimum.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
889 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Can't watch youtube
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Time travel confusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL