The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What do you do with mini cards? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
11 Posts

Profile of judagar
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4oH4cX4Pzs

Idea I had for years using the same gimmick only making the deck bigger...
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5925 Posts

Profile of magicfish
The Force is With You- Wakeman.
baronborrelli
View Profile
New user
South Jersey
32 Posts

Profile of baronborrelli
I use mini-cards for imaginary/invisible deck. When I bring it out, I tell the spectator they were not thinking hard enough about the deck (hence the small size)
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2967 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Here’s my favorite - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9759
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Veteran user
Aurora, IL
385 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2019, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Here’s my favorite - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9759

Nice......it’s “Micro-Macro” using no table spread. Never thought of doing it this way, very nice.
Deckstacker
View Profile
New user
Cherry Valley, CA
60 Posts

Profile of Deckstacker
I have recently started hand m--king cards as a hobby--mostly Bicycle Rider and Maiden backs. I find working with the Bike Minis particularly challenging both for the smallness of the areas to be m----d and because of the glossiness of the backs, which do not take in-s as well as the more porous air-cushion finish on the regular poker size cards. I find that it is rather like "running with weights on" to create a nice, clean set of the Minis, but when done right they are just as usable/legible as the standard size cards, and no one has ever raised the question of any funny business going on with the backs. Further, their small size even justifies a bit of slack in time spent glancing at the backs without arousing undue suspicion. FWIW--just thought someone might find this interesting.
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
The Ooh-Aah bird by Michael Close.Great one and uses origami too.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3287 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2019, baronborrelli wrote:
I use mini-cards for imaginary/invisible deck. When I bring it out, I tell the spectator they were not thinking hard enough about the deck (hence the small size)

J.B. BoBo (yes, the coin guy) had an entertaining routine for a mini Brainwave Deck decades ago. I've forgotten the details, but it might be worth tracking down...

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » What do you do with mini cards? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL