The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Review: Yigal Mesika's Spider Pen Pro (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Just loaded my SSP with vectra thread and I love it, I bought one of Steve Fearsons bullet made loading the spool a piece of cake Smile
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
I must say that I'm having great fun with this, but I have been through 5 spools since I got it. Performed it in a night club on Saturday with a bunch of drunken golf buddies and one chap told me that he had never seen a better trick when I made a £20 note float around the dancefloor. I love it!!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2012-09-19 16:01, Bill Scape wrote:
I must say that I'm having great fun with this, but I have been through 5 spools since I got it. Performed it in a night club on Saturday with a bunch of drunken golf buddies and one chap told me that he had never seen a better trick when I made a £20 note float around the dancefloor. I love it!!

You need to try vectra thread, since I loaded the pen with it I have been doing spooked with the deck on the floor with me standing and I haven't had one breakage. I stopped doing spooked on the floor with my old itr, instead I used to ace the deck on a chair because I used to get the occasional breakage, not anymore Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Received my SPP from Stevens Magic, thoroughly checked by their staff. Am very impressed and pleased so far. Each physical aspect of the pen is just right.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Here's another review for you reading pleasure: Spider Pen Pro
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I had not realized that the Spider Pen Pro was in existence as early as 2008.

Yigal Mesika had 100 available for pre-order at a convention at that time. One of the 100 recipients was our own Bill Palmer. He wrote (here at the Café):

"Mine arrived about a week ago. I had a couple of minor problems with it, so I phoned the number in the instructions. An hour or so later, Yigal phoned me back and told me how to make it all work.

This is a really great product. I can't say much more, because I will be reviewing it for one of the mags; however, I took it to our magic club meeting on Monday night. I floated a bill and made it go through all the gyrations.

If I'd had a half dozen, I could have sold them on the spot.

Regarding the shipping delays. Yigal was absolutey determined that every pen he shipped would be top quality. He has taken very special care to see that it happens.

The new one has a lot of really nice improvements. One has to do with the battery. another has to do with how the case goes together. I promise you, you will not be able to overtighten this case!"
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
rramasamyy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of rramasamyy
I recently bought the SPP and I have 1 problem. The motor doesn't stop running after the the thread breaks. It is only supposed to run for 30 seconds and stop, but it continues to spin and doesn't stop at all. So I have to take the spool out, find the edge of the thread and put it back inside again to stop it. Is there any way to fix this, or am I doing anything wrong?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
It should stop on its own. If it doesn't, it's defective and needs to be sent back.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
rramasamyy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of rramasamyy
Thanks Ekuth, and I have another problem. I put in a brand new battery, I leave my pen unused for 2 days and after 2 days the battery power has been fully drained off and I need to put in another new battery. So far this have been happening for 3 batteries already. Is there anything I must do for it to go into sleep mode? I thought it is supposed to automatically go into sleep mode...
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Definitely sounds like you have a defective unit. Just checked mine, has been sitting idle for a couple of weeks and it works fine.

John
rramasamyy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of rramasamyy
Just realised that mine was a defective unit. The main problem I have is the motor starts when the battery is placed, and it doesn't STOP AT ALL! The only way I can make it stop is by taking the battery out. Is there any way to tweak and solve that problem? or the only way is to replace it?
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
I've been using the SPP for about a month now and am really liking it. However, I do a haunted deck routine placing the deck on the floor. A Z grip is great for a short distance but getting into it bending down to put the cards on the floor makes it much more difficult and quite un-natural. Is there any way to lock the thread?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 14:35, dfeder wrote:
I've been using the SPP for about a month now and am really liking it. However, I do a haunted deck routine placing the deck on the floor. A Z grip is great for a short distance but getting into it bending down to put the cards on the floor makes it much more difficult and quite un-natural. Is there any way to lock the thread?

Yes. It is covered in the dvd, I believe.
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
Any one know the difference between the Spider Pen & The Spider Pen Pro, and is it better to upgrade or just to stick to the original ???
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There are some in-depth reviews here at the Café on the SPP which should give you a good idea if you feel upgrading is right for you.
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
Is it difficult to master the SPP?
Does it require previous experience with IT in order to perform with it?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Your previous experience with IT will come into play here, definitely. No doubt about it. If you have not worked with IT before I would HIGHLY recommend you become proficient with standard IT before jumping to a tool like the SPP. If one has patience and persistance, one will get there.
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
And if I can chose between the "old" original SP and the newer SPP, which one should I purchase? Are there any advantages to the "old" original SP in comparison to the SPP?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
None that I can think of.

As I mentioned a couple of posts up, read some of the many reviews of both here at the Café. There is a lot of info.
c4rlito
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of c4rlito
Could this be used for the floating rose, as the bill is so impressive on the trailer? The only issue I can see is that when you set fire to the rose and the t****d breaks, wouldn't it be a nightmare to reset?
Best Regards,
Matthew McGurk
British Magical Champion
https://www.matthewmcgurk.com
https://www.mymagiccourse.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Review: Yigal Mesika's Spider Pen Pro (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL