The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mobile friendly website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I decided it's time to have a mobile-friendly website:

http://www.childrensentertainers.mobi

Still needs some tweaking, but I like that clients can click-to-call, email, and it's designed to fit modern internet phones.

This was very reasonably priced, the company that built it also supplied the domain. I'm able to easily edit it myself.

Potty
magic4children
View Profile
Regular user
Cheshire UK
127 Posts

Profile of magic4children
Hi Potty, I love it. May I ask the company who did it please?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

http://www.contentys.com/

I had a cold call from them on Friday, and at first I wasn't interested at all. I raised every objection, but had to admit, the concept sounded good, so agreed to take a look at some samples. I was immediately sold, and called them back to sign up.

Their website states there is a £100 monthly fee, but they were happy to waive this completely, which obviously makes a rather huge difference!

In less than 2 working days, the site is already live, with a strong domain name. They seem to offer excellent customer service, and have already called me and agreed to make a few initial adjustments, so I won't need to work out how to do it myself immediately.

It's rare that I'm so pleased with these kinds of services.

Mainly I see this as a professional service for my clients, who can now easily navigate this site on internet phones.

Contentys can explain the plethora of other good reasons to look at this marketing option. Obviously, the first off the mark will get the best domain names for our profession.

Potty
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Very nice!
Life of Magic!
Anton Bozovic
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Anton Bozovic
Vey good! Looking to internets on phone aklways ve4y wtrong for making bisness. Good for sellings, much of internet is bad with little tools of seing biggest toolls for internet.
Much big, this tool , and always of making better the here am I.
mr shiney
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of mr shiney
Hi
So does it redirect all mobile from your main site to your new mobile one?
I was called up but it turned out after a year they start charging more,
I'm now with fast hosts they are £6 pounds a month for my main site and £2.50 for my mobile site all mobile are sent there and the domin stays the same apart from the m.mrshiney.co.uk M
And there a option to go straight to my main site from the mobile one the building the site was super easy and I can change it when ever I wont.

I'm just asking as there's not much point to having a different web address for mobile and main, most company have one and then you get redirected to the appropriate site.
Just go to my main site http://www.mrshiney.co.uk on your mobile and you will see what I mean
Ps the site looks nice,
Best Job in the world

Mr Shiney
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

I like your mobile site, Mr Shiney. The big buttons are very nice.

My bigger websites don't automatically redirect mobile traffic to the mobile site - is this possible? I guess so, but this is new to me. I would need to fix that up with my main website providers. At the moment, I've simply put "click here for mobile-friendly website" near the top of all my main sites (I have several).

It's true that after a year, it costs a small additional fee to have Contentys maintain the site - but also, they have told me that if I want to, I can transfer the domain and site to another provider if I wish. But the annual cost for the mobile site is quite modest, (albeit slightly more than £2.50 a month) so I'll probably keep it with this company.

I was a little worried when I realised that their advertising blurb says it costs £100 a month in ongoing fees - which is obviously way off the mark. But my contract definitely states that there are no ongoing monthly fees.

I can see it would be straightforward to have the same basic domain for the mobile site. Yours simply has an "m." in front of your domain.

I've been assured that ".mobi" is the suffix created specifically for mobile sites, and that in time, Google will rank mobile websites higher than others for searches made on mobile phones.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
That looks wonderful. The content helps prove you are a professional magician. Great way to go.
mr shiney
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of mr shiney
Yes there is a way to redirected straight to your mobile
I could not work it our manually so went with fast hosts
if you ask you mobi company they mite beable to tell you how to do it.
I too have alittle click here for the moblie site that works ok

ive just looked and your site already does some moblie optimisation for mobiles it turns your main website into mobile friendly outlay
so I don't think you will be able to redirected it as it already does (hope that made sense)
Best Job in the world

Mr Shiney
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Thanks, Mr Shiney. I'll have to wait until I can try it on my girlfriend's mobile. Mine is out of the Ark.

Potty
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Yep. Busy parents are going to look for magicians on their mobiles.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Excellent! This should give you an edge until all the competition catches up!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Looks great. Well executed, and very professional.

However, personally I find mobile sites annoying unless there's functionality on a website that needs to be replaced with mobile content for a specific reason. With new android, and iDevices users are used to have a "full" web browsing experience. The only functionality I added for my website (www.BCmagician.com) was making sure that the video content could play on any phone/browser/device. I used Vimeo+ to accomplish that.

I live in Canada, but if I lived in a country where cell phone data was more expensive or the general population had older smart phones, then I would have a specific mobile site to save the users from expensive phone bills and long load times.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Potty,

Nice job. Your QR codes should all direct to this link. Are you tracking your results?

Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mobile friendly website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL