The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » One man illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I'm looking for some single person illusions that I can buy or build. I am expanding my current fair/festival show for next season and would like to include a couple of small illusions or "illusionettes". If anyone knows of some sources, let me know. I am a woodworker, so please eel free to point to plans or building sources.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
There are several "illusionettes" that Abbott's makes, and I think there are plans for some of them. They also have booklets that contain some of these.

Look also for a book called, "Illusions for the 1,2, or 3 Performer Show", by Burling Hull.

Also check into the stuff by U.F. Grant.

There are many such illusions that can be done with an audience volunteer. Things like Dagger Head Chest, Boy to Rabbit, choppers and guillotines, Hand Cremation, Frame of Life and Death, Stocks of Zanzibar are just a few that immediately come to mind.

Paul Osborne has also had many plans for illusions that fit your needs.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Brad Sheppard
View Profile
New user
Rogers, Arkansas
69 Posts

Profile of Brad Sheppard
"Solo-X", a book by Andrew Mayne, has plans for 10 one man illusions that don't require volunteers. Some require little carpentry skills. He is quite creative.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Paul Osborne has a fine book called 1-Man Illusion http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/1manillusions.html

John
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
“So you want to be an Illusionist” by David Seebach is a great book that will tell you how to get started doing illusions. The first chapter is about one man illusions, and which ones are good for beginners and which ones are not. The pros and cons to building your own and so on. This is a must read for anyone who thinks they want to add illusions to their show.

http://www.bigguysmagic.com/so-you-want-......ch-book/

But don't take my word for it. Here is another thread about the book.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=30#18
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
One of my favorite one-man illusions is the "Rip Van Winkle Illusion" that was invented by Edwin Brush (c.1940) and used by him on the Chatauqua stage. I liked it so much that I revised it for modern day audiences and it's in PVC Pipe Illusion Book 4. The funny thing about it is that it SEEMS to be performed by two separate people, while actually it is only performed by one person playing both roles.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I'd highly recommend Jimmy's little wonder! A good value and investment.
http://www.jimmyfingers.com/magellanlevitation.html

It must be carefully rehearsed, performed with imagination and good presentation,
but it's amazing to laymen.

Magically, Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
My recommendations are the chair suspension, dagger chest, guillotine
MagicJim
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of MagicJim
If you also perform kid shows, you could substitute balloon head for the dagger chest illusion...it makes it a bit more kid friendly.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Wellinton's Executive Bow Saw is very cool one man illusion too.

Dan.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of brainman
Spontus 360
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » One man illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL