The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SERIAL by Tom Wright (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
This fooled me and also fooled me again at the end of the demo when it was done again and I knew how it was done.

A winner in my opinion
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
"I have not been sent any download email. Spam and Junk folder empty.

I got my paypal invoice and a WMS confirmation email, but apart from that, nothing.

I have PMed emailed and have had no response.

I have asked for my cash back and I will never buy hee haw from them again!"

"Everyone should boycott WMS. "

"Amateurs"

Can I ask what changed your mind Boydy? Not trying to stir the sh/t and I know the creator and publisher are two different beasts but I thought you demanded your money back and were pretty adamant. I thought some of your comments directed at WMS were a little harsh to be honest considering it was only a few days of technical problems at worst?? Comments including the "boycot" one remain here for all to see. Do you still stand by that statement?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Does it really matter?
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

If it was my business it would?! But I guess you're right, its not so I'll say no more!
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 07:38, The Paranormalist wrote:
Well I just sported £15, the cost of SERIAL. I downloaded the video and haven’t had such a good laugh while watching an instructional video for as long as I can remember. Although I haven’t tried Serial yet and I have no doubt it works under the right circumstances, this is not what makes the video so hysterically funny. What make it so humorous I will sum up in two words ‘David Penn’. For a start Penn wears this idiotic cap whilst filming the explanation in the studio, without once taking it off, maybe he was having a bad hair day, or the sun might have been in his eyes! Apart from that the video is spun out to around 30 minutes, where it could have been easily run through in no more than 10 minutes maximum.

Penn and Tom Wright whose demonstration this is constantly repeat ad infinitum the method and what leads up to how it is accomplished, this is another thing that makes it so unbelievably irritating, they must think those that buy this are idiots. Apart from Penn, Tom Wright keeps on glancing to the camera with the occasional smirk on his face and wears a ridiculous pair of shorts that is more fitting for the beach than an instructional video.

If this was being judged on Penn and Pettys World Magic product review for the studio filming alone this would get no more than 5% if that.

I loved the fact that the video was 'low key'. They did an exceptional job explaining the method and nuances while doing it on a shoe string, meaning we all get to purchase the effect for a pittance.

Don't get me wrong I think the video was entirely adequate and I can't see much being added by spending more on production, but I understand you can't please everyone all the time.

The only gripe, if you can call it that, I had was that the guys seemed a bit nervous before they reveal the method, totally unwarranted in my view

Luke
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Ginger Wizard, was the first part of your post a quote from a previous Boydy post ?

Luke
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Sean, I would love to hear you subtlety !!

I also have a way that can be done online, via Skype or similar that I think is really deceptive. For any doubters think about that for the money- It's maybe not the type of thing that you would do as a stand alone effect via Skype but do it once or twice and a

reputation is born Smile

Luke
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Hi Luke, Yes it was. I personally thought a few days of technical problems didn't warrant this kind of mudslinging. Especially as they seemed to be trying their best to sort it out. From calling out for "everyone" to "boycott" WMS and demanding money back to "its a winner" seems odd to me. However in fairness I've spoken to others who weren't happy either. I didn't have a problem so I'm only going on my experience. Anyway all this doesn't do anyone any favours so I'm dropping it.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Effect a winner, WMS customer service, terrible. Nuff said!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2012, magicman29 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-03 14:48, John C wrote:
If you are wearing various colored socks in the privacy or public no big deal. But you shouldn't charge me and force me to watch. Their is something called professionalism. When you take someone's money you should respect the buyers. Make a professional instructional video so the focus is on the effect and not the person delivering the message. I don't own the video but I appreciate anyones comments that do own it. Their honest opinion is what I'm after.

J

Sorry but that is the biggest load of boll#x I have ever read on the Café!
What a person wears on a instructional dvd is nobodys business only the guy wearing t,seriously guys get a friggin life!!!

Next you will be moaning about the guy not been clean shaved and maybe needs to trim his nails!

Kieran

Kieran

Gosh you are so right. After reading this 5 years later I can't believe I said it. Or at least wasted my time typing it.
FelixKraus
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of FelixKraus
I've only started to work with Tom's materials lately. Already a fan!
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
I'll have to look into this, it sounds like a great impromptu piece, which is something I am always looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SERIAL by Tom Wright (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL