The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Classical production of a champagne glass? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5279 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I can’t address the similarity to a trick found in Tarbell’s as I could not find a Filled Stacked Glass production. I did find a stacked bowl production that is vaguely similar (similar in the sense that it is not a body load). Do you have the reference to the Tarbell trick (name and page number)?

You can perform Booth’s version of the stack of glasses production in shorts! No jacket needed. It is similar to an old marketed effect called “THIS” a production of a bottle (or anything that size) from three scarves after each has been shown “normal”.

As Pete has suggested, the Booth Books are a must read for the budding stand-up magician.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Barry Richards ?? Book
"Theatre of the mind" has a really simple production of a Glass of water -a tumbler from his coat.

Dave Welzman
Australia
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
James Rainho has/had a book on glass and bottle production. I think the name of the book was 'Cheers'.

This was Rainho's Lecture, he no longer make the items but he tells how to constuct the props.

http://www.rainho.com/simplex.html

I did not see the book on the site so email him at:

magicjim@rainho.com

Harry,

I had the Bruce Elliot's Book 'Classic Secrets of Magic' all along. It is now a paperback called, 'Great Secrets of the Master Magician' in pocketbook form.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Michael Sullivan
View Profile
New user
Australia
86 Posts

Profile of Michael Sullivan
Thomas Fraps has a glass production in the new Flicking Fingers DVD

Michael
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I got a given Mark Wilsons book, but I cant find this effect. the book I have is called Mark Wilsons Cyclopedia of magic. A complete course. Is this the same version. I got it a few years back as a presnt, is this the same book?
If so where in it can I fin the production?
Nick
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3361 Posts

Profile of Julie
For the record, Sam Berland used to include the "pit production" in his excellent lectures. It's probably in one of his books/pamphlets, too.

Julie
The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
Helo dj.

The 1st part of my act is glasses of lighid and bottles productions. this going on for about 5 minutes. I desine this act alone with no any outside influence so I have my own methods. of course layter I combined them with the classic ones so I developed a full act out of it. If you have any specific question I will be glad to unswer.

Have it in mind that lighid manipulation is not easy and will take a lot of practice ant time to master it. Nothing is always constand and the evolution will come after a great time of practice and rehersal.

I say this because liguid manipulation is not like anything else since if you get your pants wet you will be like this for the rest of the show. So the method must be practices many hours so you are 100 percent sure that no accidents can happen.

Good luck
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Classical production of a champagne glass? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL