The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Funeral Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Stevie Tricker
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Stevie Tricker
Yeah, this tickled me, thank you.

Great to see the cast enjoying themselves, at the girl of the left at 1 minute in is blatantly laughing not crying.

Surely this type of gig would be a great way to practice sawing someone in half?
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
Here is a (not so good) Dutch version: http://youtu.be/VaBu71Ze1FM...
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
Royce W.
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Royce W.
As a pastor in Arizona and having to do funerals, I can truthfully tell you I found this to be............................. totally hilarious, thank you for the great laugh.
robinsonm
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of robinsonm
Wow this was great. Wish I would have thought of it : )
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Like the funeral director said
when buisness is dead were booming...
Jesse Davis
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Jesse Davis
I thought this video was hilarious! Any fans of Arrested Development out there? There's a hilarious scene of Gob doing magic at his fathers funeral. Also, Human Giant did a similar thing. Both are hilarious and I imagine are easily found on youtube.
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
The rigor mortise thimbles just about killed me! Too funny. Thanks for the laugh (^_^)
CGillusionist
View Profile
New user
Harrison, NJ
18 Posts

Profile of CGillusionist
LEON O_O?!
CGillusionist
View Profile
New user
Harrison, NJ
18 Posts

Profile of CGillusionist
That is so wrong xD hahahahahaha
CGillusionist
View Profile
New user
Harrison, NJ
18 Posts

Profile of CGillusionist
That's crazy!!!!.............so crazy it just might work!
montygoodrum
View Profile
New user
Texas
52 Posts

Profile of montygoodrum
I have to admit..this is pretty funny!
StealthySandwich
View Profile
New user
Everett, Washington
9 Posts

Profile of StealthySandwich
Wow... it was such poor taste that I really got a kick out of it. I absolutely love warped humor.
Gord
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Gord
Smile
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
It's definitely dark comedy, but hilarious nonetheless. Additionally, those who know all the magician names thrown in will get even more of a kick. I wonder what Steve thinks of this?

~Matt M.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
Meat
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Meat
As someone who's wife was going to school to be a funeral director: this is precisely how funeral parlors are run. A family friend who passed away a few years ago had the most MORBID sense of humor and actually at one point stated at a dinner party many years back "Sure I am a really big guy, but I don't see why if we are going to embalm me whenever I die then why not make a paying gig out of it. We can hire a ventriloquist and bring in Copperfield to vanish me into my grave". This video instantaneously made me think of that guy from the opening "Magic at funerals?"
Daeld
View Profile
New user
So far, I have about
84 Posts

Profile of Daeld
Sorry to bump up and oldish thread, but this is hilarious! (Both the OP and the Dutch version - I don't understand dutch, but you don't need to). I loved the levitation with the wreath ring in the dutch version.

Kinda made me think afterwards of those (many) times when I've worked a trick into a conversation, which on retrospect may not have been the best situation... Smile
Loggerhead
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Loggerhead
Too Funny...
HJE - Walker, Minnesota
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
262 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I'm still smiling.
I'd love to have a magician at my funeral.
But I'm not in any hurry for it.
wnewhouse
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of wnewhouse
Just plain hilarious! Yes, funerals are sad times and emotionally heavy. And simply booking a magic act for a funeral (as if it were a birthday party) as shown in the spoof would be crassly inappropriate.

But I believe a funeral should celebrate the deceased's life and review the joy they brought to friends and family over the years. Particularly if the deceased was a magician, then I think some magic added to the event could actually be done quite appropriately and respectfully, rather than be perceived as irreverent. It could be one of the ways the friends remember what made this person so special to them.

When my son Will died at the age of 19, I included in the eulogy several funny stories about him. Even though the assembled mourners were crying much of the time, they laughed at the 'Will stories'. It reminded all of them how much Will made us laugh over the years, which is how he would want to be remembered. After the service, several people came up and told me funny 'Will stories' of their own. An appropriate magic component at some funerals (like mine, someday) would be the same kind of thing. I'll have to leave instructions for my family to make sure it happens. Thanks for posting this spoof video!!!
Bill Newhouse
'A reasonably remarkable presenter of extraordinarily mundane miracles.'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Funeral Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL