The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New illusion SHADOWSHIP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Hector
Hi guys,

Here you have a bit of my new show "Hector, the magic continues".

I call this idea: SHADOWSHIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLc8sujea0

The routine has been just born. I am looking forward to seeing how it grows up Smile

I hope you like it!

All the best
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
I like it very much Hector! Nice effect man and I like the B...! ;-)
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Very nice!

B
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Muy bueno hector!! Felicidades!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Nice variation of Copperfield "walking through the great wall of China" & John Taylors ULTIMATE DIMENSION illusion
Brad Sheppard
View Profile
New user
Rogers, Arkansas
69 Posts

Profile of Brad Sheppard
As always Hector - you are a true performer and entertainer! Thank you for sharing.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Reminds me of The Fan without the fan. First half anyway. I always like shadow illusions.
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Hector
Thank you guys for your kind comments! I am so glad you like it!

Thanks for watching Smile

All the best!
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello,Hector! Good presentation and great effect! As always you look very good!!! Who is builder? Sergey.
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
I think It's good approach to make use of shadows. and I think that this routine can be useful for impressive approach to audience, But In this routine, I think you can make more works.

First, Isn't good to make more automatic systems? If taking screen of to downside possible, Maybe you can make screen back upside, and close door again, without using the help of assistant, using the electronic. If these times becomes shorten, your routine can be more powerful work.

Second, You can more use of more objects. Not only people, maybe you can make balling ball(or another things) fly from right side into the wall, and you can be enter into wall, and gets out with ball.

Shadow wall systems are good works but It can be made more deceptive works, I believe. And I hope this opinion will be help to you.
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Hector
Serg, thank you! Nestor Rotsen is the builder of Shadowship. He has done a wonderful job!

Lin_ (J.C.) thank you for the ideas. The reason why the curtains fall down by themselves but I use someone to set them up again is because after the first effect (i become a shape) is because I like to give time to the audiences to enjoy the effect, understand it and get ready for the two other effects coming in. And doing it this way I am not only showing to the audience how far and visible is to reach illusion and to leave the stage but Having someone walking on the illusion is also showing that it is empty without saying it out loud. Does it make sense?

For your other ideas thank you, I thought about those kind of things before building the illusion, but I prefered to keep it simple to follow and clean. I have new ideas for the near future anyways. I will let you guys know when I have them ready.

All the best!
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Like it
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Hector:
I thought that was great. I would disagree about cluttering the effect with balls, roses etc. This is great by itself. I think it would be great way to end your show without the use of the female assistant.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
That was excellent, loved it and the music fit perfectly.
Aidan G
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Aidan G
Smile I'm impressed!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Very nice sequencing - I like it! I also agree don't add more - it's got the 3 phase story and you don't want to clutter it
- turn to shadow - return from shadow - bring forth from shadow - it's a hero's journey aka Campbel
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
thorin_10
View Profile
New user
Bilbao, Basque Country
58 Posts

Profile of thorin_10
Buen trabajo Héctor!

Aitor
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Shadows have always been mystifying. Any effect that involves the production of shadow is always a hit. Be Shadow theatre (Jim Steinmeyer), Eclipse (Mark Kalin) or any prop with the effect of shadows have always impact in audience!

Your prop/effect your has such importance.

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New illusion SHADOWSHIP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL