The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Saints 1-0! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
The NFL season, or rather pre-season, is finally here. Kind of ironic that the Saints got the draw for the hall of fame game but it's all good and they put a nice exclamation point on the day with the win. It was great to see the numbers put up by the back-up quarterback as well as the performance by Cadet. And the defense looked primed! So far so good. Anyone else glad that football is finally here (even if only preseason)?

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Too early for football! We still have a lot of baseball left to go.

{But I'm glad your team did well.)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I'm can't wait for the start of the real football season: September 1, 7:30 PM PDT: Hawaii @ USC.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I'm with you there, Bill! And thanks Bob. The Dodgers just have me losing interest again but you never know.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Definitely glad the Saints chalked up the win. I for one am glad that Gregg Williams is gone. Not counting his bounty system, his style of defense was okay but not great, it definitely got the job done the year they won the Super Bowl, but it was an all or nothing defense and the last two years, they gave up a ton of yardage. I am one of those who thinks the defense blew it last year, especially in the play off game with the 49ers. However, the defense did look good in the game. Again, this is just the preseason.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
danhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign, IL
115 Posts

Profile of danhughes
I greet the coming of football with mixed emotions.

I love the sport, especially college football, but I hate its arrival because it means that snow can't be far behind.

I'm almost 65, but I still like to play outdoors without a coat.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 17:01, danhughes wrote:
I greet the coming of football with mixed emotions.

I love the sport, especially college football, but I hate its arrival because it means that snow can't be far behind.

I'm almost 65, but I still like to play outdoors without a coat.

I recall reading somewhere that there are places you can still do that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Saints 1-0! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL