The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mars or Bolt? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I find value in both. But if I had to choose, it would be the Olympics. I find grace and beauty in people pushing their bodies to the extreme to accomplish things that few people can do. Watching the gymnastics and the track and field tonight and it was all just sheer poetry in motion.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 18:41, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 16:47, acesover wrote:

You really have no clue do you?

Nope, plenty of clues. But only about important stuff and matters of consequence. Sports filling neither of those two categories provides little interest for me, nor anyone I socialize with. Smile

I'm actually more interested in he bolts in Oscar Pistorius prosthetics than the other Bolt or even Bolt the dog.

Being that you are interested in the bolts in the bolts in Oscar Pistorius prosthetics, what can you tell us about them? Or were you just being clever and back pedaing as you often do?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 08:42, Mehtas wrote:
Bolt.

He doesn't consume massive amounts of public money for "space exploration" .

That mission cost 2.5 billion dollars. The 4 plus trillion dollar cost of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars costs one Mars mission every single day this week. Plus every single day next week. And then every single day non-stop for... 5 1/2 YEARS!! Launch after launch - day after day. 5 1/2 years. Oh... and nobody died on the Mars mission.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Mars, I've dreamt of a manned mission to Mars since I was young.

This is the next step towards that.

-Mary Mowder
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2012-08-08 05:59, R.S. wrote:

That mission cost 2.5 billion dollars. The 4 plus trillion dollar cost of the Iraq/Afghanistan wars costs one Mars mission every single day this week.

Ron,

The comparison here is between Mars Mission and Bolt's achievement. there are lots of other stuff that has cost more than the Mars Mission.

The reason I choose Bolt is that the next generation should be made to understand that our fitness is a prime concern to move the human race for future achievements (scientific or otherwise). Healthwise the way we are going, we might not see the day where we are able to see life beyond this planet or colonize other planets.

I am not saying you become as good as Bolt, but he is a good role model for th kids who choose to stay home for their Finger Flicking Xboxes and Play Stations.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Are you saying there is anything wrong with finger flicking?

You may have chosen the wrong site for that particular argument. LOL

-Mary Mowder
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How has that war on drugs worked out since you want to mention random stuff? War on poverty? Stimulus?

Payne I guess the Spider-Man movie of old vs new is of consequence?

Who said mind achievements are not celebrated? someone tell Einstein.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 21:59, Patrick Differ wrote:
I remember the days when the athletes were amateurs, (didn't get paid), and there was SCANDAL if one of them were found out to be professional.

You don't look nearly old enough to remember Jim Thorpe.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 01:45, acesover wrote:

Being that you are interested in the bolts in the bolts in Oscar Pistorius prosthetics, what can you tell us about them? Or were you just being clever and back pedaing as you often do?

I was just surprised to see that they allowed someone with a set of blades into the Olympics as it is generally felt that they give the athlete an unfair advantage. I'm interested to see how he compares against his non augmented opponents. not that I'll bother to watch any of the races. I'll just look up the results after the fact.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 08:22, Dannydoyle wrote:

Did I ever say it was? Or is that just something you heard on FOX News Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 10:55, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 01:45, acesover wrote:

I was just surprised to see that they allowed someone with a set of blades into the Olympics as it is generally felt that they give the athlete an unfair advantage. I'm interested to see how he compares against his non augmented opponents. not that I'll bother to watch any of the races. I'll just look up the results after the fact.

Well that is not what you said in your post. You said ou were interested in the bolts in the Oscar Pistorius prosthetics.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 11:08, acesover wrote:

Well that is not what you said in your post. You said ou were interested in the bolts in the Oscar Pistorius prosthetics.

So we're still having difficulty recognising sarcasm and understanding abstract concepts I see Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 14:14, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 11:08, acesover wrote:

So we're still having difficulty recognising sarcasm and understanding abstract concepts I see Smile

Is that what that was? My bad. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 10:56, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 08:22, Dannydoyle wrote:

Did I ever say it was? Or is that just something you heard on FOX News Smile

You said you only know of things of value or some such thing. You seemed pretty well informed about the two movies.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Now that he won the 200...again?

Or did we even notice that Curiosity STUCK its landing?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/slideshow......#slide=8
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mars or Bolt? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL