The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody else get this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Received an e mail today that I thought might be spam in my inbox. I wasn't sure what to think of it and if it was a scam of some sort, what they were after. So, I did a bit of looking around the internet and found that this person is an autograph collector who requests them from a variety of people in different types of performing arts. Pat and I will be sending them an autographed photo and if any of you wish to send yours, here's the e mail:

Hello, I am a collector of 63 years, researcher and enthusiastic visitor to the
Circus as a child, I would like to enlarge my collection with autographs of
talented street artists, experimental theater, puppet, Burlesque, street
theater, urban theater and dining. It could send a photo or a poster
autographed? Thank you and wish you luck and lots of smiles.
Guido Sancisi
Via Firenze 21
61012 Gradara (Pu)
Italy
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/95259
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UDISTM
http://www.ultimabooks.it/la-folle-vita-di-didi-sancisi
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I have not seen that but in my travels around the world people do collect autographs of those who they find interesting and fame has nothing to do with it, kinda makes one feel special.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I've been collecting autographs for years and have several hundred of them. When I was younger, I used to send letters seeking autographs to folks via snail mail. There are books out there that compile addresses of all kinds of famous (and infamous) folks. Surprisingly, a large percentage of folks I wrote to returned an autographed picture or something else interesting. I once obtained Elton John's autograph by sending him a First Day Cover of an AIDS stamp, and he returned it to me signed. I sent golf balls to Bob Hope and he sent three back with his signature. Noted Playbor cartoonist of the wierd, Gahan Wilson, sent me his autograph and a wierd bat cartoon. It's an interesting hobby. But you also must be careful about secretarial and autopen signatures, which are meaningless to the collector. They must be authentic and there are ways of testing for that.

Autograph trivia question: Who are the two of the most elusive autographs to collectors?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Al Pacino?
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I'm probably one of the two. I've never given my autograph to a collector.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 15:52, MagicSanta wrote:
Al Pacino?

Nope.....JFK is one.....he developed the use of autopen and consequently rarely signed or penned any personal letters officially. His signature is quite valuable, especially if personalized on a note or something like that.

The second one (actually, the most elusive of all) is one you'll have to reach for; he won't be easy. Big clue right there, it's a "He."

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 16:00, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I'm probably one of the two. I've never given my autograph to a collector.

I'll include that in my collection notes. Lobo has never given an autograph to a collector, which begs the question: has he ever been asked by a collector? Smile

RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
This is a neat site to check out autographs for collectors. http://guaranteedautographs.com/

Bob, who is #2?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I believe Neil Armstrong no longer signs autographs.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 20:53, landmark wrote:
I believe Neil Armstrong no longer signs autographs.

Persuant to a conversation I had this morning, neither, as far as I know, does Leonhard Euler.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I have Neil Armstrong's signature on a sheet of the First Man on the Moon stamps I obtained back in the nineties. And Alan Shepard's on the 4 cent Project Mercury stamp sheet.

Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 18:28, RJE2 wrote:
This is a neat site to check out autographs for collectors. http://guaranteedautographs.com/

Bob, who is #2?

William Shakespeare, and he's actually number one. His signature is extremely rare to collectors.

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I miss understood the question. I thought youu meant who refuses to sign.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 23:39, MagicSanta wrote:

My fault; by elusive, I meant the most difficult to find simply because there aren't many of them. And if you find a real one, you have something of value. Even folks who refuse to sign, still sign their names on contracts, checks, etc. and they are out there for purchase by collectors.

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-08-07 17:50, RJE2 wrote:
Received an e mail today that I thought might be spam in my inbox. I wasn't sure what to think of it and if it was a scam of some sort, what they were after. So, I did a bit of looking around the internet and found that this person is an autograph collector who requests them from a variety of people in different types of performing arts. Pat and I will be sending them an autographed photo and if any of you wish to send yours, here's the e mail:

Hello, I am a collector of 63 years, researcher and enthusiastic visitor to the
Circus as a child, I would like to enlarge my collection with autographs of
talented street artists, experimental theater, puppet, Burlesque, street
theater, urban theater and dining. It could send a photo or a poster
autographed? Thank you and wish you luck and lots of smiles.
Guido Sancisi
Via Firenze 21
61012 Gradara (Pu)
Italy
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/95259
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UDISTM
http://www.ultimabooks.it/la-folle-vita-di-didi-sancisi

I received it a couple of days ago. I read it, but did not correspond to it.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 23:39, MagicSanta wrote:

That's how I read it too.
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 22:35, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-09 18:28, RJE2 wrote:

Bob, who is #2?

William Shakespeare, and he's actually number one. His signature is extremely rare to collectors.

Pat and I just watched the movie Anonymous last week which is based on one of the many theories that Shakespeare in fact did not write the work that bears his name. The movie has had mixed reviews, but we both enjoyed it. Made the Bard look rather like a fool.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Sounds like a good movie, I'll have to look for it.....

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody else get this? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL