The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Usain Bolt....class act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Usain (?) Bolt is, as olynpic fans know, is a great runner, one of the best if you don't count The Worlds Greatest Athlete in the Disney movie 40 years ago. He is also known as a show off and self absorbed. Today I saw a clip most likely missed that really made me look at Bolt in an antirely different light.

Some fuzzy furner news lady was interviewing Bolt when the US National anthem started as Ross was getting her gold medal some distance away. The following exchange took pla@e, pretty accurately:

News lady: blah blah blah blah
Bolt; I am happy that (music starts and Bolt turns toward the unseen peresentation) hold on
News lady: this is a live inerview!
Bolt turns head: and I will finish they are playing the anthem, show respect (turns and stands at attention),

I really respected him for shutting her down and respecting who ever wons anthem.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4015 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
+1, +1

Though, the Spanish reporter seemed to be ok with it. She apologized, faced the podium with Bolt, and waited till the anthem was over.

Very classy moment, though -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZBLdQq81Tw

Love the dogs near the end of the anthem, barking, "Way to show class, Bolt!" Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
She really had no choice.... Bolt...good dude
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Usain Bolt....class act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL