The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Snottites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
I had the Science Channel on this morning and it got me to wondering: What if they found any type of life form on Mars?

I'm 100% in favor of the Space Program; always was. Although it saddens me a bit about all the space junk Earthlings have littered the galaxy with.

But ponder and postulate for a moment what our rights and responsibilities are, or should be, if life is discovered on Mars.

I think inobtrusive (or unobtrusive, if you prefer) observation would be an unavoidable temptation. But I suppose the definition of "inobtrusive/unobtrusive " would be hotly debated.

What do y'all think? What should Earthlings do if any type of living organism is discovered on Mars?
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Same thing we do if we discover any less advanced, indigenous population- invade.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Sell them stuff and open a Burger King.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Nasa goes to great lengths not to interfere with what might be found someplace. The idea of the "hot torpedo" lander on Europa, has been debated forever. We might find life in an ocean under the ice, but to melt through it... at what price to that life. Nasa builds stuff in a "clean room" and wants no trace of human or earth contamination to go anywhere.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Depends. Does the allien life forms taste like chicken?
Bob
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Or Popplers?

-Mary
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 11:03, Bill Hilly wrote:

What do y'all think? What should Earthlings do if any type of living organism is discovered on Mars?

We do what we've always done historically. We kill it and take all of its stuff. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 14:18, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 11:03, Bill Hilly wrote:

We do what we've always done historically. We kill it and take all of its stuff. Smile

Sadly, although Cliff is correct about NASA, I believe that will be the prevailing attitude.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm certain we're talking about Earthlings of All world communities andnot just one.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Quote:
On 2012-08-08 14:56, Bob1Dog wrote:
I'm certain we're talking about Earthlings of All world communities andnot just one.

Yes, I meant Earthlings, as in "all humans" when talking about what rights and responsibilities we have. But as far as who will do what: That could be as a planet (like any agreement could ever happen) or as individual countries.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Snottites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL